ADSL today on my exchange, how soon will I get ADSL activated?

Old May 4th 05, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default ADSL today on my exchange, how soon will I get ADSL activated?

Today is the day our exchange is being ADSL enabled, running the BT
checker now just says I can have ADSL.

How soon is my ADSL likely to start working given that I have placed
an order with an ISP?

--
Chris Green
Old May 5th 05, 12:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Brian Morrison wrote:
Nigel M wrote:
In uk.telecom.broadband, Phil Thompson wrote:

depends on the ISP to some extent and on BT.

And for some *strange* reason, the ones with BT as ISP get done first.

My advice if you are desperate, go to your exchange and give the
engineer a fiver. It worked for me, was active within half an hour.

Just make sure you're not seen doing it and that your face is not
recorded by any CCTV cameras around. ;-)

FYI, I had service within 3 days of the exchange enablement date.

I'm not desperate, I was just wondering how long I was likely to have
to wait. We were promised radio broadband last summer and they're
still trying to get it to work in our area so a few days wait for BT's
ADSL is hardly significant.

--
Chris Green
Old May 5th 05, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Phil Thompson wrote:
On 5 May 2005 10:01:41 GMT, wrote:

I was just wondering how long I was likely to have
to wait.

if you ordered in advance a few days with most ISPs, 2 weeks max maybe
3 if there's a DACS removal or ISDN conversion involved.

No ISDN or DACS, we have ISDN on another line which we're keeping for
backup.

Some ISPs order from BT in advance, others wait till the exchange is
live then submit orders.

What was the radio broadband, by the way ?

Communet Ltd. - see
http://www.communet-ltd.co.uk/ which was being
supplied by Red Moon Internet (http://www.redmoon.uk.com/). It was
originally predicted to go live Aug/Sept 2004 but predictions about
installation data have come and gone repeatedly since then.

--
Chris Green