Karoo?(Hull)

Old May 5th 05, 04:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian

Default Karoo?(Hull)

Hi, my daughter is in the Hull area and has a Kingston telephone
connection,
can anyone who is using Kingston tell me if it is possible to sign up
with another ISP as I wish to set up a broadband connection for her,
Kingston say no.

Regards [email protected]

Old May 5th 05, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Brian wrote:
Hi, my daughter is in the Hull area and has a Kingston telephone
connection,
can anyone who is using Kingston tell me if it is possible to sign up
with another ISP as I wish to set up a broadband connection for her,
Kingston say no.

There was discussion about this in another Newsgroup last week.

BT have never covered the Hull area (due to a set of circumstances from
decades ago) and therefore the only broadband service available is from
Kingston themselves. 256k at 18 quid/month, and that's it AIUI.

Ofcom are not interested in rectifying this situation (allegedly).

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply
Old May 5th 05, 04:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"Brian" wrote in message
Hi, my daughter is in the Hull area and has a Kingston telephone
connection,
can anyone who is using Kingston tell me if it is possible to sign up
with another ISP as I wish to set up a broadband connection for her,
Kingston say no.

Regards [email protected]

Unfortunately, Kingston have a monopoly on telecomms in the Hull area. No
other providers are allowed (or want to) to provide telecomms.

Other ISP's (AOL, Wanadoo etc), require a BT line, which isn't available in
Hull

Old May 5th 05, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 5 May 2005 15:16, "Brian" wrote:

can anyone who is using Kingston tell me if it is possible to sign up
with another ISP as I wish to set up a broadband connection for her,
Kingston say no.

Few surprises then. One of my clients chose to use Freeserve (dial up)
and hasn't looked to switch to broadband, but given their location and
telecomms and ADSL knowledge, why not check with Solwise(.co.uk) as it
is independent of KC and will no doubt confirm that the only service a
KC-connected customer can currently get is from Karoo (of course, they
may know of plans from Bulldog or Easynet to use LLU within the area).

--
Plus.Net http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4
I recommend them and save some cash.

Old May 6th 05, 02:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Owens

satellite ?

--
John Owens