voyager 205 with netgear fs605

Old May 7th 05, 12:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jonny

Default voyager 205 with netgear fs605

Is this modem copatable with this hub so i can run three computers
through the switch direct from the router e.g. Router
---Cable---Switch----cable----PC's.As the 205 router as only one
ethernet port and i have 3 comps that need to be linked up via ethernet

Cheers

Jonny

Old May 7th 05, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On 6 May 2005 15:01:44 -0700, "jonny" wrote:

Is this modem copatable with this hub so i can run three computers
through the switch direct from the router

confused.

It will work Voyager 205 -- Ethernet -- Switch - 3 PCs if that's what
you mean.

The 205 is a 2 port router, with ethernet and USB ports. It will NAT
more than 2 ports.

Phil

Old May 7th 05, 01:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On Sat, 07 May 2005 09:28, Phil Thompson wrote:

On 6 May 2005 15:01:44 -0700, "jonny" wrote:

Is this modem copatable with this hub so i can run three computers
through the switch direct from the router

confused.

not really - some (but perhaps not the Voyager 205) of the single port
routers were not 10/100 (I have an Ebuyer model which is only 10 Mbps)
and the FS60x are 100 Mbps only, so a reasonable question (even though
I don't know the spec for the Voyager to be able to answer :-)

No idea about the FS605 either... I've one of the DG814 ? combined ADSL
modem/router units as a foot warmer (well, also using the hub part :-)
so they may look fairly pretty but nothing special and give me a 10/100
for more flexibility any day !

The 205 is a 2 port router, with ethernet and USB ports. It will NAT
more than 2 ports.

From the BT web site http://www.voyager.bt.com/205/prodinfo.htm

# Ideal for connecting a games console
# Connects up to 2 computers (1 on USB, 1 on Ethernet)
# Easy to use and install

Still no mention of being 10/100 on there though... Peter M.

--
Plus.Net http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4
I recommend them and save some cash.

Old May 7th 05, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

From the BT web site http://www.voyager.bt.com/205/prodinfo.htm

I meant to add - anyone know the logic of them providing two RJ45
cables ? Is one straight and one cross-over perhaps ? Peter M.

Old May 7th 05, 02:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 07 May 2005 12:53:04 +0100, Peter M
wrote:

I meant to add - anyone know the logic of them providing two RJ45
cables ? Is one straight and one cross-over perhaps ?

the one I had only had one, as do the ones on Ebay where people
photograph the contents. Maybe someone nicks the other one. Or maybe
its a typo.

Phil

Old May 7th 05, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Cummings

In message t, Peter M
writes

Still no mention of being 10/100 on there though... Peter M.

http://www.gconnect.net/hardware/btvoy_205adsl.asp
--
Ian Cummings
Old May 7th 05, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On Sat, 7 May 2005 15:21 (UTC), Ian Cummings wrote:

http://www.gconnect.net/hardware/btvoy_205adsl.asp

Thanks. I noticed that the BT shop has 20 quid off the next up
model (the 4 port Voyager). No personal knowledge of them, but
I guess many would be happy to buy from BT (big name, etc, even
if Ebuyer/Dabs may have some bargains as alternatives :-) Peter