BT Broadband download limit reached!!!

Old May 8th 05, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fLiPMoD£

Default BT Broadband download limit reached!!!

Hello,
The recently introduced BT broadband download limit has got me. been away
for 2weeks only to come and find i cannot download anymore. Checked and
realised i have exceeded my 15gigs monthly allowance...any help will be much
appreciated. any other ISP out there offerring limitless download.

Old May 8th 05, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

On Sun, 8 May 2005 09:41:26 +0000 (UTC), [fLiPMoD£] said :-

Hello,
The recently introduced BT broadband download limit has got me. been away
for 2weeks only to come and find i cannot download anymore. Checked and
realised i have exceeded my 15gigs monthly allowance...any help will be much
appreciated. any other ISP out there offerring limitless download.

If you have exceeded your limit, how is it that you are posting to
usenet ?

Also note, the cap has _not_ been brought in yet, so the problem is
something else.
Old May 8th 05, 12:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 8 May 2005 09:41 UTC, "fLiPMoD£" wrote:

any other ISP out there offerring limitless download.

I guess you'll be happy with Zen, one of the ISPs which seems willing to
take your cash. It all depends what you really mean by 'limitless' and
you might give some idea of past usage so options like those with a 50
GB limit aren't suggested if you expect 200 to 500 GB. Peter M.

--
Plus.Net http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4
I recommend them and save some cash.

Old May 8th 05, 02:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TheDragon

"fLiPMoD£" wrote in message
Hello,
The recently introduced BT broadband download limit has got me. been away
for 2weeks only to come and find i cannot download anymore. Checked and
realised i have exceeded my 15gigs monthly allowance...any help will be
much
appreciated. any other ISP out there offerring limitless download.

How do you know you have reached your limit??

Old May 8th 05, 03:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TheDragon

"TheDragon" wrote in message

"fLiPMoD£" wrote in message
Hello,
The recently introduced BT broadband download limit has got me. been away
for 2weeks only to come and find i cannot download anymore. Checked and
realised i have exceeded my 15gigs monthly allowance...any help will be
much
appreciated. any other ISP out there offerring limitless download.

How do you know you have reached your limit??

tried to check usage on my account, and got the following

"Your current Broadband from BT package is not covered by the usage
monitoring service. To make sure that we have the right information, please
check that the right phone number for your broadband service is shown in
your BT.com profile."

Old May 8th 05, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dfrog

"TheDragon" wrote in message

"TheDragon" wrote in message

"fLiPMoD£" wrote in message
Hello,
The recently introduced BT broadband download limit has got me. been
away
for 2weeks only to come and find i cannot download anymore. Checked and
realised i have exceeded my 15gigs monthly allowance...any help will be
much
appreciated. any other ISP out there offerring limitless download.

How do you know you have reached your limit??

tried to check usage on my account, and got the following

"Your current Broadband from BT package is not covered by the usage
monitoring service. To make sure that we have the right information,
please check that the right phone number for your broadband service is
shown in your BT.com profile."

I'm getting same message - - having recently received a letter from BT
welcoming me to BB Basic ( been with them for 12 + months now ??), have used
'contact us' on BT site and sent letter asking for clarification by snail
mail but no response yet.
dfrog

Old May 8th 05, 04:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"fLiPMoD£" wrote in message
Hello,
The recently introduced BT broadband download limit has got me. been away
for 2weeks only to come and find i cannot download anymore. Checked and
realised i have exceeded my 15gigs monthly allowance...any help will be
much
appreciated. any other ISP out there offerring limitless download.

I thought that with the BT packages they do not stop you from downloading,
but you go down to a lower speed.

Old May 8th 05, 05:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jupiter

wrote:

Hello,
The recently introduced BT broadband download limit has got me. been away
for 2weeks only to come and find i cannot download anymore. Checked and
realised i have exceeded my 15gigs monthly allowance...any help will be much
appreciated. any other ISP out there offerring limitless download.

You can upgrade your package on the BT Broadband website to BT
Business Broadband which is completely uncapped. £29.99 + VAT per
month for up to 2MB speed. A friend of mine just signed up for it
because of the NTL 30GB cap. You don't need a business phone line.

Old May 8th 05, 07:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

fLiPMoD£ wrote:
Hello,
The recently introduced BT broadband download limit has got me. been away
for 2weeks only to come and find i cannot download anymore. Checked and
realised i have exceeded my 15gigs monthly allowance...any help will be much
appreciated. any other ISP out there offerring limitless download.

As others have said, you've got a different problem. The usage cap is
delayed ref : http://www.uk-bug.net/Article747.html

--
Regards
Andy M Jenkins