wanadoo and grabit problems please help!!

Old May 8th 05, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ZARGONII

Default wanadoo and grabit problems please help!!

Morgan Wrote:
ZARGONII wrote:-
Hi , forgive my ignorance as i am new to this, but i use 'Grabit' to
download bits and bobs, but for some reason having wanadoo as my ip
seems to limit my newsgroup access. In other words i cant see the
content on many servers for example alt.binaries.games is totally
vacant. Is there a way round this ? or is it a simple case of Wanadoo
limiting my access to newsgroups, please hlep!!

-

It happened a few years ago, IIRC. I remember some of the binary group
no
longer being fed and one of the Freeserve's, as it was then, peopl
posted
in the ADSL group about it. It was stated to be a temporary measure a
they
were doing some work but they would be back, a lot of us thought
differently at the time.

They never did come back, nor did the newsmaster person either, jus
forgot
his name now (could have been Eugene).

If you want a binary news feed then go to a premium service, like
Newshosting for example.

--
Regards

Morgan

Hard Drive Noise....

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/morgan.tate/

Thank m8 that makes ity all clear now, i have subscribed to Newshost
thank

--
ZARGONII