PlusNet Broadband Plus 70.50p charge?

Old May 9th 05, 07:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dee

Default PlusNet Broadband Plus 70.50p charge?

I'm in the process of migrating from Pipex (after over 2 years with them
on 512 kb/s) to Plus Net's - Plus scheme and paying an extra 15 to be
upgraded to the fastest speed I can get, ... I Logged
into my account to check the status and see some figure of 75.50
mentioned - what's this for?... Migrations are supposed to be free right?

See below:

PlusNet Broadband Plus - Up to 2Mb (Monthly Contract, No Modem)
Status Phase Message
Signup Thank you for choosing broadband ADSL from PlusNet.

Control your account online with My PlusNet
Find out more about setting up your ADSL connection once active
Checking your line Your account details have been confirmed.
Checking your line Our initial checks have confirmed your local
exchange can provide ADSL to your location.

Please note - this does not confirm ADSL availability.

Activating your line Your initial payment has been made: 70.50
View 'My Transactions'
Activating your line Your order is being submitted to BT for ADSL
activation.
The activation process normally takes between 7 and 10 days until your
line is activated.
Old May 9th 05, 08:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gel

Sounds like a modem inclusive package or perhaps an annual charge not
monthly?

Old May 9th 05, 08:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 09 May 2005 06:56, Dee wrote:

I'm in the process of migrating from Pipex (after over 2 years with them
on 512 kb/s) to Plus Net's - Plus scheme and paying an extra 15 to be
upgraded to the fastest speed I can get, ...

Activating your line Your initial payment has been made: 70.50
View 'My Transactions'

I'd raise a 'Contact Us' ticket from the web site (click HELP at the top)
as you will be guaranteed of an answer that way. You can also remind PN
of your MAC and give details of the date you ordered etc. They'd likely
as you to do the same if you get reply posted here in the next few days,
and they'd need your username anyway.

Contact Us and phone calls are preferred (PN staff do look in on news,
if they have time, and sometimes in their own time from home). Peter M.

--
Plus.Net http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4
I recommend them and save some cash.

Old May 9th 05, 08:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 8 May 2005 23:09 -0700, "Gel" wrote:

Sounds like a modem inclusive package or perhaps an annual charge not
monthly?

70.50 is the fee for someone starting a 'monthly' contract rather than
annual contract. In the past the fees were always charged for new users
(with some deals, such as 2 years ago when BT was offering a 50% discount
on setup charges) but recently they've moved to 'free' setup (actually it
is a deferred fee - repayable if you quit within 5 years, but on a sliding
scale of 58.75 in the first year, 47.00 during the second, 35.25, etc...)

This just seems to be a wrong charge - a mistake on the Plus.Net web tools
perhaps - carried over a wrong setting such as a "migrate" option that had
the same price set in the scripting as a "new customer" paying 70.50; then
again something else could apply (not suggesting finger trouble :-) Peter

30 day free trial... http://web.vfm-deals.com/runbox/
Old May 9th 05, 08:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

I wrote

They'd likely as you to do

Oooops : They'd likely ASK you to do... Peter M.
Old May 9th 05, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Mon, 09 May 2005 06:56:39 +0100, Dee
wrote:

[...]

Hi,

If you want to let me have a ticket number from your account or your
username I can take a look into this for you. It looks like the website
thinks it's a new activation rather than a migration. I need to find out
why this is the case.

With Regards,

Dave,
Old May 9th 05, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

news
wrote:

[...]

LOL sounds like a case of the website running the asylum

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old May 10th 05, 04:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dee

PlusNet Support Team wrote:

Hi,

If you want to let me have a ticket number from your account or your
username I can take a look into this for you. It looks like the website
thinks it's a new activation rather than a migration. I need to find
out why this is the case.

With Regards,

Dave,

Cheers,

I've just emailed you directly with all my details