phone line figures

Old May 9th 05, 05:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JIP

Default phone line figures

Greetings

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I can't see where!

I see posts in this group about SNR and attenuation figures for phone
lines - where can I find what those figures are for my line?

Thanks

Old May 9th 05, 07:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"JIP" wrote in message
Greetings

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I can't see where!

I see posts in this group about SNR and attenuation figures for phone
lines - where can I find what those figures are for my line?

Thanks

Most figures quoted in this group are more than likely gained by logging
into an ADSL modem/router. My Netgear DG834GT is just one of many that
gives you this kind of information. What make is your modem/router? If
yours is able to give 'line quality data', you should be able to find it in
the menu's of the modem/router.

Old May 9th 05, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 9 May 2005 17:04:09 +0100, "JIP" wrote:

I see posts in this group about SNR and attenuation figures for phone
lines - where can I find what those figures are for my line?

from your ADSL modem/router, if it provides them. BT Voyager 105s do
and they are cheap on Ebay.

http://pipexsupport.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=3408

Phil

Old May 9th 05, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 May 2005 17:04:09 +0100, "JIP" wrote:

I see posts in this group about SNR and attenuation figures for phone
lines - where can I find what those figures are for my line?

from your ADSL modem/router, if it provides them. BT Voyager 105s do
and they are cheap on Ebay.

http://pipexsupport.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=3408

Phil

does anyone know if these figures are avalible on the belkin ADSL modem with
wireless G router?, perhaps a hidden page?

Thanks

Old May 10th 05, 08:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 9 May 2005 22:08:53 +0000 (UTC), "John"
wrote:

does anyone know if these figures are avalible on the belkin ADSL modem with
wireless G router?, perhaps a hidden page?

read the link in the posting to which you replied. Here it is again
http://pipexsupport.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=3408

you may have to scroll down the page or use the Find facility, sorry.

Phil