UKOnline free wireless router?

Old May 9th 05, 11:51 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.telecom.broadband
Don Turner

Default UKOnline free wireless router?

UKonline are giving away free wireless routers to all punters who take up
8mb ADSL between now and 17th May. Does anyone have the exact model number
of these things? I gave their CS a call but all they could tell me was that
it was made by Actiontec (who make about 5 different types).

Cheers
DT

Old May 10th 05, 02:12 AM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.telecom.broadband
Alek

Not being to well informed on these "Router" yokes,perhaps somebody will
advise as to what difference if any,will one make to a 1.5MB Cable
Connection.

Old May 10th 05, 02:25 AM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Don Turner:
UKonline are giving away free wireless routers...by Actiontec (who make
about 5 different types)

It's a fair bet it will be the cheapest one, or even an obsolete one...
Regards,
Martin

Old May 10th 05, 09:04 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.telecom.broadband
Paul G

"Don Turner" wrote in message
UKonline are giving away free wireless routers to all punters who take up
8mb ADSL between now and 17th May. Does anyone have the exact model number
of these things? I gave their CS a call but all they could tell me was
that it was made by Actiontec (who make about 5 different types).

Model # GT701-WG Simple with only 1 x ethernet and 1 x USB but it is 802.11G
and works well

Paul