Networking for broadband

Old May 10th 05, 09:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JJJJ

Default Networking for broadband

We are in the process of setting up a network ready to go broadband. This is
between a Mac and a PC with a Belkin router/modem.

The Mac is talking to the router with no problems, but when we try to access
the management page of the router we can't. Does anyone know why? Do we have
to wait until we get the broadband information in? Is there a way round this?

Thanks

Jules
There are two respites from the miseries of life - music and cats.
Old May 10th 05, 10:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

JJJJ wrote:
The Mac is talking to the router with no problems, but when we try to
access the management page of the router we can't.

Meaning that the Mac can ping the router but can't get to its management
page, or are you implicitly saying that the "other" machine can't get to
the management page, but that the Mac can?

How do you know your Mac is talking to the router?

What IP address(es) have your Mac and the Router got? Were these from
DHCP or statically allocated?

Chris
Old May 10th 05, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 10 May 2005 08:18:42 GMT, (JJJJ)
wrote:

We can talk to the router that's fine,

define what this means please.

Phil

Old May 10th 05, 11:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JJJJ

wrote:

We can talk to the router that's fine,

define what this means please.

Phil

the mac says its connected

Old May 10th 05, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 10 May 2005 09:32:31 GMT, (JJJJ)
wrote:

the mac says its connected

it talks to you ?

its connected to what ?