Pipex SPEED UP!!!

Old May 10th 05, 05:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

Default Pipex SPEED UP!!!

Hi all.

At work today I noticed a download bombing its way in at a fair old
rate. Checked the router status only to be informed that downstream was
not 576 but 2270 or there abouts! Cool. We have ordered no upgrade,
but were told it would increase to 1 meg in an email a few months ago.

At home, I also use Pipex, and am on the same exchange, but still
connecting at 576. It was only able to get BB after the extended reach
trials.

I've got the following data from the router (I know they are not the
most reliable source).

Operation Data Upstream Downstream
Noise Margin 24 dB 22.5 dB
Output Power 11.5 dBm 17.5 dBm
Attenuation 31.5 dB 54 dB

Does it look like I will be able to get at leadt 1 meg, or is it very
unlikely as I had to wait for extended reach?

Thanks!
Rob
Old May 10th 05, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Rob" wrote in message
Hi all.

At work today I noticed a download bombing its way in at a fair old
rate. Checked the router status only to be informed that downstream was
not 576 but 2270 or there abouts! Cool. We have ordered no upgrade,
but were told it would increase to 1 meg in an email a few months ago.

At home, I also use Pipex, and am on the same exchange, but still
connecting at 576. It was only able to get BB after the extended reach
trials.

I've got the following data from the router (I know they are not the
most reliable source).

Operation Data Upstream Downstream
Noise Margin 24 dB 22.5 dB
Output Power 11.5 dBm 17.5 dBm
Attenuation 31.5 dB 54 dB

Does it look like I will be able to get at leadt 1 meg, or is it very
unlikely as I had to wait for extended reach?

You'll be fine for 1Mb with those figures.

Thanks!
Rob

Old May 10th 05, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Darren

"Rob" wrote in message
Hi all.

At work today I noticed a download bombing its way in at a fair old rate.
Checked the router status only to be informed that downstream was not 576
but 2270 or there abouts! Cool. We have ordered no upgrade, but were
told it would increase to 1 meg in an email a few months ago.

Don't get too excited, you haven't been capped to 1mbit yet. Give it about
3 days...

I violently abused the uncapped period

--
Darren