How calculate my uploads & downloads and my capacity?

Old May 10th 05, 07:32 PM posted to ntl.discussion.broadband.cm,uk.telecom.broadband
Chet

Default How calculate my uploads & downloads and my capacity?

"Mister C" wrote in message
If I use 80% of my upload bandwidth (which I think may be 64 Kbps)
then does that mean my download bandwidth (which would be 300 Kbps)
is reduced by 80%?

The reason I ask this is because I am on an NTL 300 Kbps connection
(approx 33 KBytes/sec) and I notice when I am using P2P software that
my connection gets fully used up.

At those times my download rate is perhaps 8 KBytes/sec and my upload
rate is about 8 Kbytes/sec too. These seem very low values. Maybe
there is a formula I can use?

Give our calculator a try and let me know what you think of it
http://ben.cheetham.me.uk/data-usage-calculator

Chet