AOL and modem-router

Old May 10th 05, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Jordan \(bogus\)

Default AOL and modem-router

A friend of mine has AOL broadband - loves it to bits - but would like to
share his connection with his wife. I had an origo 8100 (1 utp + 1 USB)
modem router which I gave to him. I read through as much of the blurb that I
could find about setting the thing up but it insists that there are PPP
problems when trying to connect through it :-/ I have set the mtu etc to the
sizes recommended...
Any more suggestions?
DJ

Old May 10th 05, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 10 May 2005 22:47:18 +0100, "David Jordan \(bogus\)"
wrote:

Any more suggestions?

PPPoE ?

Phil

Old May 12th 05, 12:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Jordan \(ng\)

will have to have another look at the setup when I go round Friday...

thanks

DJ

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 May 2005 22:47:18 +0100, "David Jordan \(bogus\)"
wrote:

Any more suggestions?

PPPoE ?

Phil

Old May 15th 05, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

Hi

Just had this problem with a friend. Modem had to be TCP/Ip. Router set to
PPPoE. AOL user name has to be 8 characters or less with the router I was
using. Created a new user and password and straight on. No mention of any
of this in handbook. Thank goodness to a friend who could look up online as
I was working on it.

Rob