Broadband ISP

Old May 10th 05, 11:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
N. Joy

Default Broadband ISP

Hello
I am still trying to decide which ISP is likely to be right for me. Having
just had a query on my LL bill from BT I suffered at the hands of their
"Overseas" call centre for considerable periods of time getting nowhere I
have decided that I do not want an ISP under any circumstances who has or
will have an overseas help line - either free or at my expense.
So I rang my ISP (dial up) tonight on their helpline at national rate. and
was told that their BB technical helpline was infact abroad.
I was hoping to migrate from dial up to BB with the same ISP to save a lot
of resetting of accounts etc.
So ......... the question is who has a good deal with UK based help -
technical or otherwise, please.
Thanks all
Norm.

Old May 11th 05, 02:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Patrick Nethercot (ngs) contains these words:

So ......... the question is who has a good deal with UK based help -
technical or otherwise, please.
Thanks all
Norm.

www.zetnet.com

Seconded, without reservation.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old May 11th 05, 02:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Have look at plus.net, at £14.99 p.m. you will not find a better service or
customer support,
they will even answer post on this newsgroup.
They will even upgrade your speed to 2Mb/s FOC.
You can keep using your old email accounts, (provided your old ISP will keep
them going).
If you decide to go with PlusNet pleas use my ID 'wester' as a referrer and
save me few pence,
thanks, regards,
Martin
Just a happy customer or 2+ years.

Old May 11th 05, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JG

Jaques d'Alltrades said

from Patrick Nethercot (ngs) contains these words:

So ......... the question is who has a good deal with UK based help -
technical or otherwise, please.
Thanks all
Norm.

www.zetnet.com

Seconded, without reservation.

Thirded, again without reservation. Personally, I have nearly 30
customers using Zetnet, so their excellent tech support (when needed) is
God-send.

JG
Old May 11th 05, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R Kay

N. Joy wrote:

So ......... the question is who has a good deal with UK based help -
technical or otherwise, please.
Thanks all
Norm.

PIPEX. Customer on dial up & bb since 1993.
Old May 12th 05, 07:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
N. Joy

Thanks all
I will look them up and if I go down the "plus net" route, will be happy to
quote your reference, Martin.
With the price differential tho I need to read all the T&C to see if it's
like for like.
Thanks for all your help
See you on BB soon I hope.
Norm.