AOL Over NTL Cable BB

Old May 11th 05, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilÅ

Default AOL Over NTL Cable BB

Just a quickie..

If you have AOL but Via NTL Cable BB with the silver modem.

At the moment the modem connects to a PC via the USB, but can you use the
Ethernet to hook up to a router and share this.

I personally do it this way with my Standard NTL cable modem..

But with this AOL over NTL BB can this be done (it is the same silver
modem)??

Cheers in advance

Old May 11th 05, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Cable Guy

PhilÅ wrote:
|| Just a quickie..
|| If you have AOL but Via NTL Cable BB with the silver modem.
|| At the moment the modem connects to a PC via the USB, but can you
|| use the Ethernet to hook up to a router and share this.
|| I personally do it this way with my Standard NTL cable modem..
|| But with this AOL over NTL BB can this be done (it is the same silver
|| modem)??
|| Cheers in advance

It's the same silver modem

Old May 11th 05, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilÅ

I have been told it has AOL all over it, and you have to use a dial up icon
for AOL???

Has anyone connected this type of setup with a wireless router?? If so any
ideas?
"The Cable Guy" wrote in message
. uk...
PhilÅ wrote:
|| Just a quickie..
|| If you have AOL but Via NTL Cable BB with the silver modem.
|| At the moment the modem connects to a PC via the USB, but can you
|| use the Ethernet to hook up to a router and share this.
|| I personally do it this way with my Standard NTL cable modem..
|| But with this AOL over NTL BB can this be done (it is the same silver
|| modem)??
|| Cheers in advance

It's the same silver modem

Old May 12th 05, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Cable Guy

PhilÅ wrote:
|| I have been told it has AOL all over it, and you have to use a dial
|| up icon for AOL???
|| Has anyone connected this type of setup with a wireless router?? If
|| so any ideas?
|| "The Cable Guy" wrote in message
|| . uk...
||| It's the same silver modem

Sounds like they've got ADSL, not AOL over NTL.