Exit broadban connection

Old May 11th 05, 11:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lizzie

Default Exit broadban connection

I have a broadband connection to the internet which is usually on all day.
How do I disconnect from the internet without switching off the computer?
I'm having problems with noise on the line when I'm using the phone and
until I get it fixed I have to turn off the computer everytime I use the
phone.

TIA

Lizzie

Old May 11th 05, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JG

"Lizzie" said

I have a broadband connection to the internet which is usually on all day.
How do I disconnect from the internet without switching off the computer?
I'm having problems with noise on the line when I'm using the phone and
until I get it fixed I have to turn off the computer everytime I use the
phone.

Pull the plug from the modem/router.

More to the point - you are using a filter aren't you?

JG
Old May 11th 05, 11:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lizzie

JG
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have a filter on every phone connection in
the house and until recently when I moved the computer from one corner of a
room to another, the line worked well. I don't know what's gone wrong.

Lizzie
"JG" wrote in message
news:[email protected] co.uk...

"Lizzie" said

Old May 11th 05, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 11 May 2005 10:16:57 +0100, "Lizzie"
wrote:

I have a broadband connection to the internet which is usually on all day.
How do I disconnect from the internet without switching off the computer?

how are you connecting ? If its a dialup networking connection through
a USB modem then right mouse the icon in the systray and select
"Disconnect".

if all else fails unplug the modem from the phone line.

I'm having problems with noise on the line when I'm using the phone and
until I get it fixed I have to turn off the computer everytime I use the
phone.

sounds like a dodgy microfilter.

Phil

Old May 11th 05, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Lizzie wrote:
JG
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have a filter on every phone
connection in the house and until recently when I moved the computer
from one corner of a room to another, the line worked well. I don't
know what's gone wrong.

Have you changed to a different extension cable than what you used before?
(if you used one at all).

Old May 11th 05, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Simpsons

"Lizzie" wrote in message
JG
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have a filter on every phone connection in
the house and until recently when I moved the computer from one corner of
a room to another, the line worked well. I don't know what's gone wrong.

Well move the computer back to the original position, does this solve the
problem?
If so this must be a clue. Are you using a dect cordless phone? Is the base
station
next to the computer in its new position?

Old May 12th 05, 01:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Donald McTrevor

"The Simpsons" wrote in message

"Lizzie" wrote in message
JG
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have a filter on every phone connection

in
the house and until recently when I moved the computer from one corner

of
a room to another, the line worked well. I don't know what's gone

wrong.

Well move the computer back to the original position, does this solve the
problem?

Don't be stupid, you must know that for a woman the location of a computer
is far more important than whether it works properly or not :rollseyes: