Access to FrontPage and CGI websites - UPDATE

Old May 11th 05, 07:51 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Tiny Tim

Default Access to FrontPage and CGI websites - UPDATE

"jelv" -o-m wrote in message
Tiny Tim wrote:

My website is still bolloxed and it's been about four weeks since this
problem was first reported. I reverted to a non FP version of my website
just to get things working again. I also noticed a friend's website is
still buggered too. How much longer to remedy this mess?

Having just read your message I'm hoping that you are not waiting for
Plusnet to reinstate your site. If you are, I'm afraid you will be
disappointed as they have no backup (it went mammeries elevated when they
were trying to take the backup prior to starting the scheduled
maintenance).

Thanks for the heads up. It's not a problem because I still have my source
and in any case it was just a Mickey Mouse website for personal use so no
real harm done. It's just that I do get hacked off by PlusNet's total
disregard for its customers and this is just another straw on the camel's
back.

They **** us about by u-turning left, right and centre (FUP). I would have
been much happier with 8Mb and 30GB but having told me I can have it (in
fact that I get it whether I like it or not) they then tell me I can't.
What's that all about?

They change "policy" on a whim, normally at additional expense to the
customer (e.g. introducing a charge to change from EasyStart to Premier even
though no such charge existed when the EasyStart contract was started. They
then tell me that anything stated by a member of staff (Ian Wild saying in a
PlusNet newsgroup there is no charge to switch from EasyStart to Premier)
while employed, ceases to remain valid once that staff member leaves the
company.

Then to top it all they go around losing customer websites and don't even
have the common courtesy to email the customers affected. Their customer
communications suck, usually requiring clarification after clarification
etc. etc..

PlusNet really does not deserve to have customers with this attitude and
lack of basic competence.

Old May 11th 05, 10:18 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On Wed, 11 May 2005 18:51, "Tiny Tim" wrote:

It's not a problem because I still have my source and in any case it
was just a Mickey Mouse website for personal use so no real harm done.

If only everyone was diligent enough to keep a backup, which isn't too
hard to do, there'd be no hissy fits about a website being down :-)

I do get hacked off by PlusNet's total disregard for its customers

If that was true, I'd expect no postings or comments from ISP staff.
I saw things going nicely at Enterprise quite a few years ago, now,
until a number of increasingly unpleasant comments were posted that
were attacks on staff, and they stopped posting. I consider the CS/
TS people at Plus.Net working against tremendous odds, with a lot of
patience and despite any amount of provocation, no bad language or
derogatory comments. I bet they are less than happy about some of
the policy changes, let alone those who worked on the s/w to make
the proposed FUP mechanism something workable. I doubt any ISP
is 'perfect' - some have great technical abilities and less than
friendly T+C or communication with customers, while others might be
especially friendly, but with a distinct inability to 'get things
done' when it comes to technical problems/interaction with BT etc.

PlusNet really does not deserve to have customers with this attitude
and lack of basic competence.

I am sure they will issue your MAC with reasonable speed, if you are
so unhappy that you choose not to remain with them. However, their
pricing is such that there are a tiny number of ISPs which offer any
similar facilities for the cash, and I therefore doubt you will be
leaving. I know you have not stated a plan to leave, but the tone
of your post makes it quite a reasonable expectation.

Good luck with the next ISP. No doubt you will give them a mention
(whoever they are) on u.t.b if you do lave Plus.Net. Peter M.
Old May 11th 05, 11:28 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Tiny Tim

"poster" wrote in message
. 86...
[...]

You read between the lines well :-) I have not threatened to leave because I
agree the overall package and value for money is still good but it is a
strain to keep on smiling. I would love to be able to refer friends and save
a few bob on my monthly bill but I do not feel that I can do that now, not
in good conscience at least.

PlusNet really do need to get their act together in terms of managing
customer expectations and putting together a plan that actually works rather
than chopping and changing every five minutes.

Old May 12th 05, 12:29 AM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
JC

On Wed, 11 May 2005 22:28:43 +0100, "Tiny Tim"
wrote:

"poster" wrote in message
.86...
[...]

Jeez...kudos to you!!

Not sure I could have been that restrained if I had received that sort of
reply from a fully paid-up member of the Plusnet fan club!!
--

Regards

John [Essex, UK]
Remove the obvious spamtrap to reply
Old May 12th 05, 09:40 AM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
PeterMcC

poster wrote in

On Wed, 11 May 2005 18:51, "Tiny Tim" wrote:

It's not a problem because I still have my source and in any case it
was just a Mickey Mouse website for personal use so no real harm
done.

If only everyone was diligent enough to keep a backup, which isn't too
hard to do, there'd be no hissy fits about a website being down :-)

I do get hacked off by PlusNet's total disregard for its customers

If that was true, I'd expect no postings or comments from ISP staff.
I saw things going nicely at Enterprise quite a few years ago, now,
until a number of increasingly unpleasant comments were posted that
were attacks on staff, and they stopped posting.

FWIW, I agree with both of you.

I do think that f9/pn has recently been spectacularly poor in terms of its
treatment of customers and I am, at the same time, impressed with CS staff
who seem to be remarkable robust in their willingness to keep trying to
explain the company's actions which, at times, must be frustratingly hard to
justify.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Old May 12th 05, 04:37 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 11 May 2005 23:29, JC wrote:

if I had received that sort of reply from a fully paid-up
member of the Plusnet fan club!!

Neither of the other posts seemed to take exception to my comments.
Whether you consider me a 'member of the Plusnet fan club' is quite
academic, as anyone with a few brain cells will appreciate, but then
again, if we were all the same, it'd be a boring world. How come you
are still using Plus.Net if you dislike it so much as an ISP ??? Peter
Old May 13th 05, 05:56 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
JC

On Thu, 12 May 2005 15:37:59 +0100, poster wrote:

On 11 May 2005 23:29, JC wrote:

if I had received that sort of reply from a fully paid-up
member of the Plusnet fan club!!

Neither of the other posts seemed to take exception to my comments.
Whether you consider me a 'member of the Plusnet fan club' is quite
academic, as anyone with a few brain cells will appreciate, but then
again, if we were all the same, it'd be a boring world. How come you
are still using Plus.Net if you dislike it so much as an ISP ??? Peter

Hmmmm and where did I say in my post that I did dislike Plusnet so much????
Oh..I didn't...you just made that up!

I'm sure you'll appreciate this as well!!

Old May 13th 05, 07:08 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 13 May 2005 16:56, in uk.telecom.broadband, JC wrote:

On 12 May 2005 15:37, poster wrote:

On 11 May 2005 23:29, JC wrote:

if I had received that sort of reply from a fully paid-up
member of the Plusnet fan club!!

Neither of the other posts seemed to take exception to my comments.

Hmmmm and where did I say in my post that I did dislike Plusnet so much????
Oh..I didn't...you just made that up!

From the "Plusnet fan club" comment which you made, I could only believe
you not to be a 'fan' and therefore drew my own conclusions. No you did
not need to say it, and of course I am happy to agree, I could be wrong.
We clearly have different viewpoints. I'll leave it at that. Peter M.

30 day free trial... http://web.vfm-deals.com/runbox/
Old May 14th 05, 08:36 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Underwood

"PeterMcC" wrote in message
poster wrote in

[...]

To lose all the CGI and FP sites was bad; not to have a backup that they
could restore from was much worse; not even to tell people that their sites
would need to be uploaded again was unforgivable. For something as major as
this, I'd have expected a mass-mailing to all Force9 / PlusNet customers,
together with a VERY grovelling apology. When I complained, I was told that
F9 did not guarantee to maintain backups of users' sites and that customers
should always keep their one copy. This level of "service" is very poor. As
it happens, I have backups of everything, but it was very tedious to have to
upload everything over dial-up - I'd not quite been upgraded to broadband
when they did their worst.

In contrast, the helpfulness of the Force9 staff whenever I've phoned them
is very good: I get the impression that a) they know what they are talking
about and b) English is their native tongue! In the three years that I've
been with F9, the disappearing FP website fiasco is the only significant
blip in otherwise very good service.

Old May 15th 05, 09:46 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Brett...

Martin Underwood wrote:

To lose all the CGI and FP sites was bad; not to have a backup that
they could restore from was much worse; not even to tell people that
their sites would need to be uploaded again was unforgivable.

That about sums up my feelings. I have to say this is the only time (apart
from the big outage a few years ago) that Plusnet have really disappointed
me

--

Brett