Pipex migration

Old May 11th 05, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clueless2

Default Pipex migration

Just received my MAC code from Pipex for migration to another ISP. Problem
is it will take 7 working days which will take me just into my next month
subscription with Pipex.

So will given that I pay a month in advance, when the migration takes place
will Pipex refund the unused portion of the monthly subs or will I forfeit
this (in which case I am better off arranging the move nearer the 30days
limit)?

Old May 11th 05, 11:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , clueless2
writes
So will given that I pay a month in advance, when the migration takes
place will Pipex refund the unused portion of the monthly subs or will
I forfeit this (in which case I am better off arranging the move nearer
the 30days limit)?

I had to get mine back through my credit card company. And they charged
me for 2 extra months after I had migrated. Got it back in the end but
it was a bind - took lots of calls and letters. Gits.
--
Pete Devlin
"And the devil in a black dress watches over"
Old May 11th 05, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clueless2

"pete devlin" wrote in message
In message , clueless2
writes
So will given that I pay a month in advance, when the migration takes
place will Pipex refund the unused portion of the monthly subs or will I
forfeit this (in which case I am better off arranging the move nearer the
30days limit)?

I had to get mine back through my credit card company. And they charged me
for 2 extra months after I had migrated. Got it back in the end but it was
a bind - took lots of calls and letters. Gits.

Oh dear) How long were you with Pipex before you migrated?

Old May 12th 05, 12:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , clueless2
writes
Oh dear) How long were you with Pipex before you migrated?

About 6 mths IIRC. 4 of them happy but then I dropped to 56k speeds and
their tech support, when interested, were crap. Nildram were a breath of
fresh air in comparison. To be fair I think Pipex may have sorted
themselves out after I left i.e they were suffering during a very heavy
uptake of ADSL after it became "affordable". Given their performance
during my problems I wasn't hanging around.
Old May 15th 05, 08:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Boots

"pete devlin" wrote in message
In message , clueless2
writes
Oh dear) How long were you with Pipex before you migrated?

About 6 mths IIRC. 4 of them happy but then I dropped to 56k speeds and
their tech support, when interested, were crap. Nildram were a breath of
fresh air in comparison. To be fair I think Pipex may have sorted
themselves out after I left i.e they were suffering during a very heavy
uptake of ADSL after it became "affordable". Given their performance
during my problems I wasn't hanging around.
--
Pete Devlin
"And the devil in a black dress watches over"

Ironically, Nildram are now part of Pipex.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/09/pipex_nildram/

Old May 15th 05, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , Chris
Boots writes
Ironically, Nildram are now part of Pipex.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/09/pipex_nildram/

Indeed they are and so far it seems as though Pipex are happy to own
them without getting too involved in the everyday running. Any drop in
service and I'll be off like a robber's dog.