Migration out from Nildram

Old May 11th 05, 11:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

Default Migration out from Nildram

Evening all

Quick question (on behalf of my sister) - does Nildram support outwards
migration via MAC?

Looking to go from a Nilram Surf500 to a Plusnet Premier 2MB. It looks
like she will be hit for a 14.99 regrade fee but have I missed any
other additional charges etch.

Cheers

Alan
Old May 12th 05, 12:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , Alan writes
Evening all

Quick question (on behalf of my sister) - does Nildram support outwards
migration via MAC?

Yes.

Looking to go from a Nilram Surf500 to a Plusnet Premier 2MB. It looks
like she will be hit for a 14.99 regrade fee but have I missed any
other additional charges etch.

Has she looked at the Nildram b2go offering at 15.99? It's a very
similar product and eliminates the migration hassle. I'm sure if you
threaten Nildram with the loss of your customto PN they'll waive the
regrade fee too!
--
Pete Devlin
"And the devil in a black dress watches over"
Old May 12th 05, 09:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

pete devlin wrote:
In message , Alan writes

Evening all

Quick question (on behalf of my sister) - does Nildram support
outwards migration via MAC?

Yes.

Looking to go from a Nilram Surf500 to a Plusnet Premier 2MB. It looks
like she will be hit for a 14.99 regrade fee but have I missed any
other additional charges etch.

Has she looked at the Nildram b2go offering at 15.99? It's a very
similar product and eliminates the migration hassle. I'm sure if you
threaten Nildram with the loss of your customto PN they'll waive the
regrade fee too!

Thanks for the quick response Pete.

Thanks for your suggestion. On balance I think we will head off to
Plusnet - however I am struggling to find any form of automated transfer
on Nildram. Presumably she needs to obtain a MAC address via the old
fashioned pots!

Cheers

Alan
Old May 12th 05, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Hurrell

"Alan" wrote in message
Presumably she needs to obtain a MAC address via the old
fashioned pots!

Tell her to ring Nildram to get the MAC. They should be able to give it to
her over the phone. Then simply use it when you sign up to PlusNet. AFAIK it
lasts 30 days from the day you request it or something. If you don't use it,
you need to request a new one.

Old May 12th 05, 01:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

James Hurrell wrote:
"Alan" wrote in message
Presumably she needs to obtain a MAC address via the old

fashioned pots!

Tell her to ring Nildram to get the MAC. They should be able to give it to
her over the phone. Then simply use it when you sign up to PlusNet. AFAIK it
lasts 30 days from the day you request it or something. If you don't use it,
you need to request a new one.

Cheers - thanks for that.

Alan
Old May 12th 05, 02:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

James Hurrell wrote:
"Alan" wrote in message
Presumably she needs to obtain a MAC address via the old

fashioned pots!

Tell her to ring Nildram to get the MAC. They should be able to give it to
her over the phone. Then simply use it when you sign up to PlusNet. AFAIK it
lasts 30 days from the day you request it or something. If you don't use it,
you need to request a new one.

Yep, it lasts 30 days. When signing up for an account with us you are
prompted for the MAC code. Once your service is active with us I would
always suggest custoemrs contact their old provider to ensure the
account is closed.

Kind Regards,

Old May 12th 05, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , Alan writes
Presumably she needs to obtain a MAC address via the old fashioned
pots!

Of course! I can't think of any ISP that makes it easy to leave them and
certainly not with just a few mouse clicks.
Old May 12th 05, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Thu, 12 May 2005 08:07:04 +0100, Alan wrote:

pete devlin wrote:
[...]

What factors made you decide "on balance" to head off to PN? Sticking with
Nildram and there is a charge to regrade to a 2Mb service of 12.93 and if
your download per month is limited to 1Gb then its just 15.99; go over the
limit ocassionally and another couple of pounds gives you a further 2Gb to
play with.

Hang on in there and the regrade will be done for free in due course.

Is it really worth all the hassle to migrate just to save a 1 a month to join
an ISP whose terms and conditions change as often as the weather?

David Bradley