Tiscali Upgrade?

Old May 12th 05, 12:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default Tiscali Upgrade?

Is there anyone in here who took an upgrade in March from 512k to 1mbit..

How much were you paying for the 512k service in March just before upgrade
and how much are you paying now?

Did you get your promised upgrade and is it worthwhile?

I just need to clear up a few problems I have with my service and would like
to hear from anyone else who was upgraded to 1mbit in March this year.

Thanks

Old May 12th 05, 10:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"John" wrote in message
Is there anyone in here who took an upgrade in March from 512k to 1mbit..

How much were you paying for the 512k service in March just before upgrade
and how much are you paying now?

Did you get your promised upgrade and is it worthwhile?

I just need to clear up a few problems I have with my service and would
like to hear from anyone else who was upgraded to 1mbit in March this
year.

Thanks

Can I just add to this that despite being written to to tell me that I was
going to be upgraded in March, and despite the fact that I know my exchange
is capable of 1mbit and my modem is now sync'ing at 1mbitI still only have a
512k service. What are these people up to?
Has anyone been upgraded? Cos my speeds have gone from bad to worse since
March!

Old May 12th 05, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff Coy

Was paying 24-99 for the 512K service, it would appear that you have to
"notice" that the prices have changed and switch tariffs..
I didn't wait for the upgrade to happen, I just went onto the website and
changed packages, not sure but the upgrade appears to happen "online" as it
seemed to work a lot better afterwards. (I was trying out the Tiscali TV
streaming and before switching packages it was dire) Worked OK afterwards.

I think my PC is the limitation now as the works PC definitely seems a lot
faster over VPN, was a bit disappointed with the home PC, but it is only a
960MHz processor.

Hope this helps

Old May 15th 05, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lenny Nero

John said
Is there anyone in here who took an upgrade in March from 512k to 1mbit..

How much were you paying for the 512k service in March just before upgrade
and how much are you paying now?

Did you get your promised upgrade and is it worthwhile?

I just need to clear up a few problems I have with my service and would like
to hear from anyone else who was upgraded to 1mbit in March this year.

Thanks

Have you read the tiscali forums ?

There are quite a few that have been told that the line cant take it,
but we all know different as tiscali let the DSLAM's run open for a
week (I got well over 190~200KB/sec from a line that 'cant do 512k'

If you force the upgrade, rather than let them do it, you agree to the
new T&C's (1gig a day your 56k). I have yet to see anyone say thanks
for the new speed, mine is no different from June last year, but I have
a few months left so I have asked that they do nothing to my line as it
is working ATM, sort of fine.

L.