PlusNet Migration Message??

Old May 12th 05, 03:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dee

Default PlusNet Migration Message??

I just got this email a few minutes ago from plusnet - After 2 years I'm
moving to them from Pipex and then regrading to fastest possible speed
on their PLUS package

But this email looks more like one for someone who's not got any ADSL
aleady installed??

Should I worry about this?

I assume I'll just be using the net over the next few days and get
disconnected and won't be able to use it until I enter the new details?

Dear XXXXX,

We are pleased to inform you that your PlusNet Broadband Plus - Up to
2Mb (Monthly Contract, No Modem) ADSL connection is now active. Once you
have installed your ADSL connection hardware and telephone line
splitters, you can connect to ADSL straight away. This email contains
the information you will need to set up your connection equipment, so
please read and keep it for your reference.

CONNECTION DETAILS

ADSL login / connection details
* ADSL username: - Your ADSL username is different to
the username used to log in to the Portal, and you will not be able to
connect unless you enter this ADSL username in your connection settings.
* Password: Your existing PlusNet password
* Dial-in phone number - Enter any value if asked. This is not necessary
for ADSL, however your Operating System may require a number to be
entered to continue.

Below are a number of additional settings that you may need to enter
when setting up your ADSL equipment. You may not be required to manually
enter all of the details listed, particularly with many USB modems. Due
to the 'plug-and-play' design of these modems, these settings may be
automatically detected.

Connection Protocol/ type
* PPPoA, also referred to as RFC 2364 (Do not use PPPoE - you will be
unable to connect as this protocol is for use in the USA)

PVC settings - Connection settings required for ADSL in the UK (PPPoA)
* VPI: 0
* VCI: 38

Encapsulation Mode
* VC MUX (Also referred to as VC Multiplexed or null)
* Home gateway name: @plusdsl.net

Our Support team are available to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via
Contact Us should you have any questions not answered by this email -
http://portal.plus.net/contactus.html

PAYMENT DETAILS

Your first monthly subscription payment for your PlusNet Broadband Plus
- Up to 2Mb (Monthly Contract, No Modem) account will be made within the
next 24 hours.
View your transactions online -
http://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_transactions

Regards,

PlusNet Customer Support

http://portal.plus.net
The smarter way to internet
Old May 12th 05, 03:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Thu, 12 May 2005 14:48:57 +0100, Dee
wrote:

I just got this email a few minutes ago from plusnet - After 2 years I'm
moving to them from Pipex and then regrading to fastest possible speed
on their PLUS package

But this email looks more like one for someone who's not got any ADSL
aleady installed??

Should I worry about this?

I assume I'll just be using the net over the next few days and get
disconnected and won't be able to use it until I enter the new details?

snip

Hi,

The email is a standard email which gives you are the settings, the one's
relevant will likely just be the username but it makes sense just to send
everything out.

What will happen is on your migration date your connection to Pipex will
stop working, likely in the early hours of the morning. If you then swap
to your new PlusNet username you should then be back online.

With Regards,

Dave,
Old May 14th 05, 03:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dee

wrote:

[...]

I just got an email today fromPLusnet saying I've been successfully
billed for 12th May 2005 .. but I still seem to be on Pipex
Old May 14th 05, 08:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 14 May 2005 02:53, Dee wrote:

I just got an email today fromPLusnet saying I've been successfully
billed for 12th May 2005 .. but I still seem to be on Pipex

A phone call or using 'Contact Us' is a better way to reach Plus.Net staff
when you need them to respond - while newsgroup posts are usually answered
(sometimes from home, by staff), there's really no guarantee, and given it
is a public forum, you might not wish to pass details such as card numbers
or account information, and without the latter, at the very least, they'll
be unable to find your account to do any check (or in this case, alter the
next payment due date to correct this matter). In any case, there are the
plusnet.* newsgroups (plusnet.service.customer-feedback, for example) that
are perhaps better suited, but still you would probably be asked for extra
information, which would be clear if you were using 'Contact Us' from Help
on the website. Peter M.

30 day free trial... http://web.vfm-deals.com/runbox/
Old May 14th 05, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dee

Peter M wrote:
On 14 May 2005 02:53, Dee wrote:

[...]

I don't actually need a specific plusnet answer at this stage - just
wondering if it's happened to anyone else? Maybe with a different ISP??