Have upgraded to 1Mb (or have I?)

Old May 12th 05, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DMG

Default Have upgraded to 1Mb (or have I?)

I contacted Pipex last week about upgrading to 1Mb from 512kbps. They said
it would mean a manual order as my line stats indicated that it wasn't
suitable for 1Mb. Fine, as the stats from my router said otherwise. They
said it would take a few days.

I've just checked my router stats again and it now says I'm connected at
1152 Kbps downstream and the noise margin has fallen by about 6 dB to 22 dB,
as I would've expected.

However, I've just run a speed test and it's reporting a downstream speed of
494 Kbps, same as it always was. The other curious thing is that the line
mode is now being reported as T1.413 instead of the usual g.dmt.

Any thoughts? Is it possible that even although BT have upgraded the line,
Pipex need to do something too?

Thanks.

Old May 12th 05, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 12 May 2005 18:52:06 +0100, "DMG"
wrote:

Any thoughts? Is it possible that even although BT have upgraded the line,
Pipex need to do something too?

sounds entirely likely, takes a couple of days for these things to
migrate through systems etc.

Phil
--
Tiscali - dialup speeds at Broadband prices.
Old May 13th 05, 10:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DMG

It's running at 1 Mb this morning. Woo-Hoo!