When Talk Talk Goes Bad ......

Old May 12th 05, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Norman

Default When Talk Talk Goes Bad ......

Thats the scenario I have at the moment. It seems that my connection is
being throttled . Web browsing is painfully slow, downloads? Forget it!!
Just connected to a dial up service, everything is working fine. Bit Torrent
was actually faster by dial up! Having said that 1kb/s is not hard to beat.
How do I get out of this bloody contract!

Norman

Old May 12th 05, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Norman:
Thats the scenario I have at the moment. It seems that my connection
is being throttled . Web browsing is painfully slow, downloads?
Forget it!! Just connected to a dial up service, everything is
working fine. Bit Torrent was actually faster by dial up! Having said
that 1kb/s is not hard to beat. How do I get out of this bloody
contract!

Norman

Some people are still currently being kicked off for downloading 'too much'. I
got kicked off for downloading just over 30gb in one month, yet I was only
making up for the previous couple of months of having a painfully slow
service.

--
Current Items For Sale: http://www.bextech.me.uk/forsale

Old May 13th 05, 12:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

When I hear stories like this is makes me happy that I have stuck with Pipex
for so long. I have thought of changing many times when other providers
bring out cheaper deals but pipex always catches up in the end and I have
been with them 4 years. 512k then to 1mb and then to 2mb and can honestly
say the service has been practically fautless. I have never got anything but
my maximum speed from my connection speed. 62kb/s for 512, 120kb/s for 1mb
and 238 from 2mb.

And hopefully be uprading my connection speed once MAXDSL comes out.

Dan

Old May 13th 05, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Norman

"Peter" wrote in message

"Dan" d.d.com wrote in message
When I hear stories like this is makes me happy that I have stuck with

Pipex
for so long. I have thought of changing many times when other providers
bring out cheaper deals but pipex always catches up in the end and I

have
been with them 4 years. 512k then to 1mb and then to 2mb and can

honestly
say the service has been practically fautless. I have never got anything

but
my maximum speed from my connection speed. 62kb/s for 512, 120kb/s for

1mb
and 238 from 2mb.

ditto bt

I was going to post tonight and say how much of an improvement today has
been but since 6.30 its been slow to stop for everything, its faster on dial
up!

Norman

Old May 13th 05, 08:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Norman

"BORG" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 May 2005 19:11:44 +0100, "Norman"
wrote:

"Peter" wrote in message

"Dan" d.d.com wrote in message
[...]

can even open the TalkTalk page

The Talk Talk home page is loading ok for me, My Talk Talk is dead atm.

Norman

Old May 13th 05, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Norman

"BORG" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 May 2005 19:22:47 +0100, "Norman"
wrote:

The Talk Talk home page is loading ok for me, My Talk Talk is dead atm.

Norman

Been trying to download a Linux Disto through Torrent, at 2Kb/s for 6
days, can't open https sites and mail is so slow I thought I was back
on 56k

Just E Mailed for my MAC number

Well, I move house 2 weeks today, my wife called BT to give them the new
details, BT have contacted TT who have given us 10 days notice that the
service will be terminated around the 16th, was also told that BB will take
10 days after the move to reconnect. If I wasn't only 3 months into my 12
month contract I would be following you out the door too.

Norman

Old May 14th 05, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
STEVE RALPH

The moving house times sound quite normal to me, was about the same time for
my BT Yahoo when I moved house.
"BORG" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 May 2005 19:48:03 +0100, "Norman"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

The Talk Talk home page is loading ok for me, My Talk Talk is dead

atm.

Norman

Been trying to download a Linux Disto through Torrent, at 2Kb/s for 6
days, can't open https sites and mail is so slow I thought I was back
on 56k

Just E Mailed for my MAC number

Well, I move house 2 weeks today, my wife called BT to give them the new
details, BT have contacted TT who have given us 10 days notice that the
service will be terminated around the 16th, was also told that BB will

take
10 days after the move to reconnect. If I wasn't only 3 months into my 12
month contract I would be following you out the door too.

Norman

I'm only 3 months into it but they can get stuffed, a contract works
both ways and they have failed on their side so I'm going.

--
--ROT13 it
Spam Trap in Header

GS850 Trike

FOR SALE TOUCH SCREEN PC. E MAIL FOR DETAILS

http://borg.no-ip.com

Old May 14th 05, 08:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Norman

"STEVE RALPH" wrote in message
The moving house times sound quite normal to me, was about the same time

for
my BT Yahoo when I moved house.

The wife keeps on reminding me that I will have better things to do than use
the internet anyway when we move!

Hopefully not cursing it but things seem much better today, lets see how
long *that* lasts.

Norman

Old May 15th 05, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stefan Kaniuk

well for your information all inbound and outbound calls to any carphone
warehouse group companies are automatically recorded, so if the agent you
spoke to did actually say what you claim and that is picked up he will be
fired and rightly so, agent's are their to cross sell and upsell, and
certainly not to make comments like you claim, whatever their personal
preferences may be about the company they are working for. e.g several of my
m8s work for orange yet wouldnt touch their services with a bargepole, yet
when dealing with customers they would never dream of making such similar
comments as the guy at talk talk allegedly did.
"BORG" wrote in message
They wont give me the MAC code until I 'pay them all I owe them'

seeing as they have been over charging me for the last 3 months and
I've had no real connection for the last 7 days nearly they can get
stuffed. I'm moving anyway.

Now there pulling the 'You must phone the 0906 number as you have been
a customer over 15 days' trick to try and get even more money out of
people.

Even the bloke on CS admitted he wouldn't use their BB service as it
was pants.