NTL pricing, speed, whatnot

Old May 14th 05, 11:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Weston

Default NTL pricing, speed, whatnot

I'm paying 17.99 a month for a 300k cable connection from NTL. Can I do
better from NTL or someone else for this price?

Cheers
Chris W

Old May 14th 05, 12:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Leuty

In article ,
"Chris Weston" wrote:

I'm paying 17.99 a month for a 300k cable connection from NTL. Can I do
better from NTL or someone else for this price?

You should get a letter (or phone customer services) offering a free
upgrade to 1Mbps for the same price, but note that the monthly cap is
3GB rather than the 20GB (I think) you currently have. Having said that,
according to
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/...ade-speeds-fro
m-8th-march:

quote
Customers on the 1MB connection with 3GB monthly usage, ntl will be
monitoring and will identify those who exceed their usage allowance very
often, however they will not be enforcing this allowance until later
this year.
/quote

Alternatively, you can get 2Mbps for 24.99 or 3Mbps for 37.99 with 1GB
daily allowance on each but even this is not going to be rigidly
enforced apparently, unless you mess things up for other users.
Old May 14th 05, 01:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stefan Kaniuk

i am on ntl 3mb and it is absolutely fantastic in terms of speed,reliability
and i have used loads of video, downloaded loads of music and listened to
loads of radio and my last broadband bill was only 12, because the first
month was free.

Old May 14th 05, 02:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Chris Weston wrote:
: I'm paying 17.99 a month for a 300k cable connection from NTL. Can I do
: better from NTL or someone else for this price?

Go to the NTL website and you can do an onlone instant upgrade to 1Mb for the
same price. Note that there is a 3Gb/month cap on the 1Mb service.
Old May 14th 05, 04:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John B

"Stefan Kaniuk" wrote in message
i am on ntl

That'll be because AOL got so fed up of your crap as sector999 that they
chucked you off then eh

John B

Old May 14th 05, 06:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stefan Kaniuk

Dreaming again are we you oik, no aol are rubbish for your information,do
you have nothing better to do than sit aal day at your pc with your glaases
on moaning and complaining about others.

Old May 14th 05, 06:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John B

"Stefan Kaniuk" wrote in message
Dreaming again are we you oik, no aol are rubbish for your information,do
you have nothing better to do than sit aal day at your pc with your

glaases
on moaning and complaining about others.

Now come on Stefan make your mind up, this is what you said (all in
capitals) in your post of the 10th -

"Stefan Kaniuk" wrote in message
AOL ARE FINE IF YOU WANT RELIABLE NONE DROPPING CONNECTION, YOU DONT HAVE

USE THERI BROWSER, USE FIREFOX OR OPERA AND YOU WILL SEE TYHAT ITS JUST AS
GOOD, JUST MINIMISE AOL AND HAVE IT RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND. I CCANT
UNDERSTAND PEOPLES RELUCTANCR TOWARDS AOL, YEA I KNOW ITS DESIGNED FOR
PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE INTERNET BUT IT REALLY IS, IMHO,

ONE
OF THE DECENT ,RELIABLE SUPPLIERS OUT THEIR.

John B

Old May 14th 05, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Weston

"Chris Weston" wrote:

[...]

Thanks, guys. Sorry for waking up the zeeb.

--
Chris Weston

Old May 14th 05, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Donald McTrevor

"Stefan Kaniuk" wrote in message
i am on ntl 3mb and it is absolutely fantastic in terms of

speed,reliability
and i have used loads of video, downloaded loads of music and listened to
loads of radio and my last broadband bill was only 12, because the first
month was free.

12 is free? How much will next month cost you?