o/t xbox360

Old May 15th 05, 02:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Marky

Default o/t xbox360

anyone buying one ?

www.x-box360.co.uk

Old May 15th 05, 08:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chuck Bodgers

"BORG" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 May 2005 01:33:56 +0100, "Marky" wrote:

anyone buying one ?

www.x-box360.co.uk

Not till the price drops after all the 'must have' ppl have got them
and a chip is out so it can be de M$ed and used like it should be

Its got a PowerPC core so the machine code is incompatible with Intel parts
unless you run an emulator - then it will perform like a dog.

------ but you could run Mac software on it?

Chuck

Old May 15th 05, 12:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Marky wrote:
anyone buying one ?

I definitely will be at some point but I am uncertain as to whether I will
be buying one at launch. It depends on the price. October will be the time
when Christmas is coming and I am expecting a Christmas holiday abroad. So
I need to save for that.

Old May 15th 05, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Depresion

"Marky" wrote in message
anyone buying one ?

www.x-box360.co.uk

Not with a name like Xbox360 or in that nasty off white.

Old May 16th 05, 09:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"BORG" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 May 2005 01:33:56 +0100, "Marky" wrote:

anyone buying one ?

www.x-box360.co.uk

Not till the price drops after all the 'must have' ppl have got them
and a chip is out so it can be de M$ed and used like it should be

Erm, it's a game console so surely it does what it should do out of the box?
Will you say the same about the PS3?

--
--ROT13 it
Spam Trap in Header

GS850 Trike

FOR SALE TOUCH SCREEN PC. E MAIL FOR DETAILS

http://borg.no-ip.com

Old May 16th 05, 01:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
higgy

wrote:

anyone buying one ?

www.x-box360.co.uk

Not till the price drops after all the 'must have' ppl have got them
and a chip is out so it can be de M$ed and used like it should be

Erm, it's a game console so surely it does what it should do out of
the box? Will you say the same about the PS3?

Do some research - people do a hell of a lot more with the current Xbox
than MS ever intended them to.

higgy.
Old May 16th 05, 01:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"higgy" wrote in message

wrote:

anyone buying one ?

www.x-box360.co.uk

Not till the price drops after all the 'must have' ppl have got them
and a chip is out so it can be de M$ed and used like it should be

Erm, it's a game console so surely it does what it should do out of
the box? Will you say the same about the PS3?

Do some research - people do a hell of a lot more with the current Xbox
than MS ever intended them to.

Yes, I know that. The OP said to wait for a chip so the console can be
'used like it should be'. The use of the xbox is to play games, DVDs and
CDs. Adding a chip allows it to do more than that. My point was that
without a chip it is doing exactly what it should. You do not need a chip
for the console to be 'used like it should be'.

higgy.

Old May 19th 05, 11:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

On Mon, 16 May 2005 12:42:12 +0100, "Dave"
wrote:

"higgy" wrote in message

Do some research - people do a hell of a lot more with the current Xbox
than MS ever intended them to.

Yes, I know that. The OP said to wait for a chip so the console can be
'used like it should be'. The use of the xbox is to play games, DVDs and
CDs. Adding a chip allows it to do more than that. My point was that
without a chip it is doing exactly what it should. You do not need a chip
for the console to be 'used like it should be'.

Aye - chipping is odd - I buy a PS2 and it just works However I can
see the benefits in chipping - a mate of mine has done wonders with
his Xbox and, for the sake of how much time and research a project
would take up, I'd do it myself.