X-Privat no longer free...

Old May 15th 05, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

Default X-Privat no longer free...

Message received as follows:-

- - ----------------------------english version----------------------------

- - From 1 june 2005, the news server newsgate.x-privat.org will not be
free of cherge anymore.

Instead the access will be free of charge for the 'supporters' users
and for the users that will pay euro 6 (una tantum comprensive of VAT)

This payment will permit to access to newsgate.x-privat.org forever,
with the following characteristics:

_ download of 50 Mbytes/day
_ maximum 4 simultaneous connections
_ download speed of 30kbit/sec (maximum)
_ full access to the binaries groups
_ GIGAMAIL mailbox free of charge for the first year of activation [3]

We remember then that the other users will be able to access to
news.x-privat.org, in free of charge way with the following limits:

_ download of 10 Mbytes/day
_ maximum 4 simultaneous connections
_ 10 Mbytes/giorno di download
_ download speed of 5kbit/sec (maximum)

[1] The 'supporters' users are the users that made a donation to
x-privat.org or that will donate until the 31 may 2005

[2] For further information you can write to:
customercare (at) x-privat (dot) org

This email address is reserved to the payment users,
for other informations please write to:
info (at) x-privat (dot) org .

[3] further informations: http://www.x-privat.org/gigamail_en.php

We remember that you can unsubscribe from the mailing and so also to
the subscription of the X-Privat Service throught this form web:

http://www.x-privat.org/newspanel.php

If you don't remember your password you can complete the following
form:

http://www.x-privat.org/lostpass_en.php

Regards

X-Privat Team

[End quote]

Can't remenber it ever working in any case.

(kim)

Old May 15th 05, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 15 May 2005 20:23, "kim" wrote:

Instead the access will be free of charge for the 'supporters' users
and for the users that will pay euro 6 (una tantum comprensive of VAT)

This payment will permit to access to newsgate.x-privat.org forever,
with the following characteristics:

_ download of 50 Mbytes/day
_ maximum 4 simultaneous connections
_ download speed of 30kbit/sec (maximum)
_ full access to the binaries groups

The daily limit sounds like that from TeraNews.com (I have not been to
check the other aspects) which cost $5 when I registered years ago.
I just checked - $3.95 once-only fee. No limit to speed, except server
load, and no mention of a limit to number of connections, but I know the
50 MB daily limit does work... Peter M.

--
Try a commercial news service - from 50 MB/day (once-only fee of $5 )
up to 1500 MB/day for 6 months $99.95, 600 GB over 6 months $149.75