Wall Mounted DSL Router?

Old May 17th 05, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Wall Mounted DSL Router?

Hi,

I'm looking for a Wireless DSL firewall/router that can be mounted on a
wall. This is for a customer who wants to provide wireless internet
access in his bar to his customer.

I was interested in the Netgearb WPN824 :-
http://www.netgear.com/products/details/WPN824.php

It's slightly overkill for the job but look the part and should create
a stable wireless network. Unfortunatley NetGear have told me that it
is not wall-mountable.

Can anybody suggest one that could be mounted on a wall?

Thanks in advance

TheDysk

Old May 17th 05, 02:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wireless Reader

wrote:

Can anybody suggest one that could be mounted on a wall?

Draytek - see
www.draytek.co.uk

Old May 17th 05, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiny Tim

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I'm looking for a Wireless DSL firewall/router that can be mounted on a
wall. This is for a customer who wants to provide wireless internet
access in his bar to his customer.

I was interested in the Netgearb WPN824 :-
http://www.netgear.com/products/details/WPN824.php

It's slightly overkill for the job but look the part and should create
a stable wireless network. Unfortunatley NetGear have told me that it
is not wall-mountable.

Can anybody suggest one that could be mounted on a wall?

Netgear DG834G V1 (not the smaller/newer but functionally identical V2)

Old May 17th 05, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a Wireless DSL firewall/router that can be mounted on a
wall. This is for a customer who wants to provide wireless internet
access in his bar to his customer.

I was interested in the Netgearb WPN824 :-
http://www.netgear.com/products/details/WPN824.php

It's slightly overkill for the job but look the part and should create
a stable wireless network. Unfortunatley NetGear have told me that it
is not wall-mountable.

Can anybody suggest one that could be mounted on a wall?

A) Velcro.
B) No-More-Nails.

Old May 17th 05, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry

On 17 May 2005 05:16:25 -0700, wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a Wireless DSL firewall/router that can be mounted on a
wall. This is for a customer who wants to provide wireless internet
access in his bar to his customer.

I was interested in the Netgearb WPN824 :-
http://www.netgear.com/products/details/WPN824.php

It's slightly overkill for the job but look the part and should create
a stable wireless network. Unfortunatley NetGear have told me that it
is not wall-mountable.

Can anybody suggest one that could be mounted on a wall?

Thanks in advance

TheDysk

I have a 3Com office connect 54g ADSL router and it is wall mountable.
Two slots underneath allow it to be mounted onto screws.
Old May 17th 05, 06:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
wooosh

Can anybody suggest one that could be mounted on a wall?

Netgear DG834G

Old May 17th 05, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

wooosh wrote:
Can anybody suggest one that could be mounted on a wall?

Netgear DG834G

?????????

The new model (which is the only one freely available now) only comes with 2
plastic feet, no holes etc for fixing to a wall...

Old May 18th 05, 08:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paula

On 17 May 2005 12:37:36 GMT, Ian Stirling

Hi,

I'm looking for a Wireless DSL firewall/router that can be mounted on a
wall. This is for a customer who wants to provide wireless internet
access in his bar to his customer.

I was interested in the Netgearb WPN824 :-
http://www.netgear.com/products/details/WPN824.php

It's slightly overkill for the job but look the part and should create
a stable wireless network. Unfortunatley NetGear have told me that it
is not wall-mountable.

Can anybody suggest one that could be mounted on a wall?

B) No-More-Nails.

Has anyone ever got that crap to work?
Old May 18th 05, 11:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I'm looking for a Wireless DSL firewall/router that can be mounted on a
wall. This is for a customer who wants to provide wireless internet
access in his bar to his customer.

I was interested in the Netgearb WPN824 :-
http://www.netgear.com/products/details/WPN824.php

It's slightly overkill for the job but look the part and should create
a stable wireless network. Unfortunatley NetGear have told me that it
is not wall-mountable.

Can anybody suggest one that could be mounted on a wall?

Thanks in advance

TheDysk

3com officeconnect adsl router is wall mountable.......

Gaz

Old May 18th 05, 02:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

kraftee [email protected]&die wrote:
wooosh wrote:
Can anybody suggest one that could be mounted on a wall?

Netgear DG834G

?????????

The new model (which is the only one freely available now) only comes with 2
plastic feet, no holes etc for fixing to a wall...

What I have done with boxes like this is to put two brass hooks in the
wall just further apart than the width of the box. Then an elastic
band stretched between the two hooks works a treat holding the box on
the wall. It's easy to remove as well.

--
Chris Green