i want to buy a wired router modem 4 port for 40

Old May 18th 05, 12:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default i want to buy a wired router modem 4 port for 40

i want to buy a wired router modem 4 port for 40

and a decent make, preferably linksys or maybe netgear. (not DLink,
certainly not Belkin).

but i've foudn that linksys and netgear tend to be doing wireless and
seem also sell plain routers without modems built in. (i want wired
with a modem - and 4 port switch)

can anybody link me to anything?

Old May 18th 05, 07:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MagicUK

i have a netgear gd814 4 port router that im willing to sell for 40 inc
del? adsl modem built in!
oups.com...

Old May 18th 05, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul G

"MagicUK" wrote in message
i have a netgear gd814 4 port router that im willing to sell for 40 inc
del? adsl modem built in!
wrote in message
oups.com...
i want to buy a wired router modem 4 port for 40

and a decent make, preferably linksys or maybe netgear. (not DLink,
certainly not Belkin).

but i've foudn that linksys and netgear tend to be doing wireless and
seem also sell plain routers without modems built in. (i want wired
with a modem - and 4 port switch)

can anybody link me to anything?

Cheap:
Not quite as cheap:

Paul

Old May 18th 05, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

"Paul G" wrote in
k:

Cheap:
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...0191313&action
=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=42664 Not quite as cheap:
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...=c2hvd19wcm9kd
WN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=52754

I would advise against the first. It is a cruddy thing based on the
generic Connexant chipset. We had one and both the switch and the ADSL
modem failed within a couple of weeks. That went back and we replaced it
with a Westell 6100 which has been great.

I was speaking with a friend who works for a computer company in
Sheffield and they have taken to installing Speedtouch routers (they have
had several running for a long time with no problems). So they work well
and are cheap to buy from the suppliers so they should be fairly cheap to
get hold of.

--
Colin