Escalation Proceedure

Old May 18th 05, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

Default Escalation Proceedure

When a fault develops on an ADSL service (like the ADSL drops every evening
from 9pm till 1am) and the resolution to fix the issue by the ISP is no more
than alerting BT to the problem, which continues for weeks on end and now
stretching into months, is there some escalation procedure that an end user
can take?

I email the ISP every day to complain, ring every couple of days or so to be
constantly told that the problem is out with BT. The ISP refuses to suspend
monthly payments or provide compensation on the ground that they do not
guarantee a !00% service, fair enough, but surely I am entitled to something
better?

David Bradley

Old May 18th 05, 09:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike GW8IJT

"David Bradley" wrote in message
[...]

Find a new ISP.
Regards Mike.

Old May 18th 05, 10:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Wed, 18 May 2005 08:46:00 +0100, "Mike GW8IJT" wrote:

"David Bradley" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

And excactly how will that help when the fault is at the exchange; what would
change to makde it magically better?

David Bradley

Old May 18th 05, 10:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wireless Reader

David Bradley wrote:

Find a new ISP.
Regards Mike.

And excactly how will that help when the fault is at the exchange; what would
change to makde it magically better?

Using a different ISP, perhaps one with better monitoring or lines or a
better technical relationship with BT might help. You have been told
the problem is at the exchange - can you trust your ISP?

Old May 18th 05, 11:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Caretaker

David Bradley wrote:
When a fault develops on an ADSL service (like the ADSL drops every evening
from 9pm till 1am) and the resolution to fix the issue by the ISP is no more
than alerting BT to the problem, which continues for weeks on end and now
stretching into months, is there some escalation procedure that an end user
can take?

I email the ISP every day to complain, ring every couple of days or so to be
constantly told that the problem is out with BT. The ISP refuses to suspend
monthly payments or provide compensation on the ground that they do not
guarantee a !00% service, fair enough, but surely I am entitled to something
better?

Phone and ask to speak with a supervisor, manager, director etc etc. If
they aren't prepared to escalate the problem higher internally then I'd
have a look for another ISP with a better record of customer service.

If it's been going on for as long as you say then I'd have already got
any other ISP, regardless, and would have already stopped paying the
current one.

I expect to pay, but I expect a reasonable service for that payment.

--
The Caretaker .........

If you want me to read an email, post to the newsgroup saying you've
sent one. I rarely check this mailbox.
Old May 18th 05, 11:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Caretaker

Stefan Kaniuk wrote:

what a helpful and concise answer eh michael, just what one would expect.

But which is, nevertheless, way more of an answer than you give ......
which is just what one would expect from a ****wit.

--
The Caretaker .........

If you want me to read an email, post to the newsgroup saying you've
sent me mail. I rarely check this mailbox.
Old May 18th 05, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stefan Kaniuk

back to your abusibe ways eh, fake addresses, hiding behind a name like the
caretaker, says it all really doesnt it. you obviously have some superiority
complex dont you.

Old May 18th 05, 11:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stefan Kaniuk

one would also suggest that the only reason you feel you can abuse
individuals like me on an internet ng, is because you would be far too
scared to do it in real life now wouldnt you mr.caretaker., far too scared.

Old May 18th 05, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Caretaker

Stefan Kaniuk wrote:
back to your abusibe ways eh,

And your post wasn't abusive?

fake addresses, hiding behind a name like the
caretaker, says it all really doesnt it. you obviously have some superiority
complex dont you.

LOL, I am a caretaker, and it _is_ a real email address.

If you want my real name just a little 'digging' would find it on the web.