Force 9 (part of Plus Net) - how long?

Old May 18th 05, 11:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JJJJ

Default Force 9 (part of Plus Net) - how long?

I ordered Force 9 last Tuesday and am paying by direct debit. This should take
2 weeks to compleet, so that will be next Tuesday. The status is still on
stage 1. When am I likely to see it move up the stages? Thanks.

Jules
There are two respites from the miseries of life - music and cats.
Old May 18th 05, 01:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 18 May 2005 09:49 GMT, (JJJJ) wrote:

I ordered Force 9 last Tuesday and am paying by direct debit. This should take
2 weeks to compleet, so that will be next Tuesday. The status is still on
stage 1. When am I likely to see it move up the stages? Thanks.

Things normally happen a little faster if the initial payment is made using
credit/debit card, because the DD needs to be passed to the bank for them
to set it up, and then Plus.Net will take any funds for setup (unless it
was using the 'free' = 'you stay, we pay' activation). I don't know if
they get some acknowledgement the DD is 'valid' before they place the
order for line activation. Hope they get on with the order (in the past
there the fee was taken before they placed an order with BT Wholesale).

The order goes to BT Wholesale and that's like a several day 'black hole'
unless someone can check the order status. I've complained in the past
that there is a big gap when no change happens, but there's not a lot
they can do when it comes to making it easier to track within BTW...

It used to be possible to enter your phone number and BT account code on
a web link (into the BT.com website) which would show the status of any
orders for your account, but that stopped working. I'd suggest giving
them a ring on their 0845 number (faster than a 'contact us' ticket),
and ask if they have any way to check the date that BT expects for the
activation of your line. If the person you speak to says it cannot be
done, then perhaps a query on ADSLguide.org might get someone from the
Networks section to look into it for you... Peter Morgan.

30 day free trial... http://web.vfm-deals.com/runbox/
Can accept mail for your domain and apply filtering...
Point your MX record to mx.runbox.com and use POP/IMAP...
Old May 18th 05, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Wed, 18 May 2005 09:49:41 GMT, JJJJ wrote:

I ordered Force 9 last Tuesday and am paying by direct debit. This
should take
2 weeks to compleet, so that will be next Tuesday. The status is still on
stage 1. When am I likely to see it move up the stages? Thanks.

Jules
There are two respites from the miseries of life - music and cats.

Hi,

Once the Direct Debit information has been confirmed with your bank the
order will go off to BT and a couple of days later the tracker will be
updated and give you the estimated activation date.
If you've ordered hardware from ourselves then a couple of days before the
activation this will be sent out the the order tracker will give you the
shipment reference.

With Regards,

Dave,
Old May 18th 05, 04:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JJJJ

In article , "PlusNet Support Team" wrote:
[...]

Thanks, I called my bank, the DD was live yesterday. Someone at PN is forcing
something to happen as nothing was. We haven't ordered any hardware but will I
get something in the post, e.g. any microfilters, I believe 2 were included???
Or is that only if you order the free modem?

Old May 18th 05, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

JJJJ wrote:
[...]

Hi there,

You won't get any microfilters if you ahven't ordered any hardware I'm
afraid.

Kind Regards,

Old May 18th 05, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

Peter M wrote in
. 86:

ask if they have any way to check the date that BT expects for the
activation of your line.

To portal has this info. Log in then go to "Connection Settings" -
"Order Tracker". It will tell you how far along the order is and if there
have been any problems. Once the order is with BT it will also give you
the provisional activation date that BT have stated.

Note that lines are often activated prior to this date, BT just doesn't
tell the ISP (in this case PlusNet) straight away. We did an install
Friday morning and completion wasn't due until this Tuesday but it was
already active.

If you have your hardware just plug it in at the end of each day. If it
synchs up give PlusNet a call and tell them that the line is active and
ask them to click the magic button their end.

--
Colin
Old May 19th 05, 11:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JJJJ

In article , cw wrote:
Peter M wrote in
.86:

ask if they have any way to check the date that BT expects for the
activation of your line.

To portal has this info. Log in then go to "Connection Settings" -
"Order Tracker". It will tell you how far along the order is and if there
have been any problems. Once the order is with BT it will also give you
the provisional activation date that BT have stated.

The tracker said it was on stage I, nothing was happening, when I investigated
the DD had been set up and was active. I got hold of PN and they had to force
the next stage and I now have an email saying that's happened and all is
progressing (hoorrahhh). Just a warning to others it is worth checking if
you're stuck at the first stage after a week, that there maybe a glitch
somewhere along the line, but no actual problem.