AOL - Plusnet "Migration" so far.................

Old May 18th 05, 04:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
john

Default AOL - Plusnet "Migration" so far.................

Hello folks.

I got a MAC code from AOL, passed it to plusnet 12 days ago. 7 days
later Plusnet email me to say they can't migrate me as AOL has put a
cessation on the line.

3 hours with the AOL "Helpline" on Friday reveals nothing other than
I'll have to wait until the line "expires". What was the point of
giving me the MAC code then stopping the line?

Monday night, 5 to midnight, AOL broadband stops, so now no internet
access :-(

Tuesday morning, 0830, spoke to Plusnet lady who says she'll submit the
info.

This morning I ring Plusnet again to repeat the same story I've told
several of their representatives before......... He'll "progress" it.
What happened to yesterday's call I wonder?

Getting a bad feeling about this, so borrowed a modem & checked my
email, to find Plusnet "progress" is to say I'm being billed for 70.50
connection charge!! (I signed up in the dim & distant past for premiere
at 21.99, no con' charges)

Rang Plusnet this afternoon & spoke to a nice sounding chap called
Peter. He sounds surprised at the charge (I pointed out that 1 of the
many Plusnetians I spoke to said even though AOL had made a cockup,
Plusnet *would not* charge me for the connection) & he will "escalate"
it.

It seems every time I ring Plusnet the clock starts now, & it's 7 days
FROM NOW that I *may* be connected. How long has the UK had BB?

Worryingly, their at first sight good ticket system, mysteriously
"closes" open tickets but with no problem resolution, so the follow on
folk have no idea of the previous disasters.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a good move.......

Do any of you kind souls in this group know anybody at Plusnet who can
actually get things *done* please?

thanks for reading,

john
Old May 18th 05, 04:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

john wrote:
[...]

John,

If you can provide a ticket number or username then I'd be happy to look
into things for you.

Kind Regards,

Old May 18th 05, 05:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
john

In article ,
PlusNet Support Team wrote:

Do any of you kind souls in this group know anybody at Plusnet who can
actually get things *done* please?

thanks for reading,

john

John,

If you can provide a ticket number or username then I'd be happy to look
into things for you.

Kind Regards,

--
|Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
|Support Home & Business @
|PlusNet plc. www.plus.net

Bob,

I would *very* much appreciate that, thank you!

Ticket # 16593038

Remove NOJUNK for email reply.

thanks,

john
Old May 18th 05, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

john wrote:
In article ,
PlusNet Support Team wrote:

Do any of you kind souls in this group know anybody at Plusnet who can
actually get things *done* please?

thanks for reading,

john

John,

If you can provide a ticket number or username then I'd be happy to look
into things for you.

Kind Regards,

--
|Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
|Support Home & Business @
|PlusNet plc. www.plus.net

Bob,

I would *very* much appreciate that, thank you!

Ticket # 16593038

Remove NOJUNK for email reply.

thanks,

john

John,

I can change your account so as not to include a separate connection fee
but you will have to familiarise yourself with the conditions he-

http://www.plus.net/residential/broa...reesetup.shtml

As long as your happy with this then I can go ahead and sort your
account out. Am I right that you want a monthly contract and no modem?
You will be charged a one-off fee of 11.75 for the monthly contract. You
haven't been billed anything yet.

Reply to let me know this is OK and I'll get on with things.

Kind Regards,

Old May 18th 05, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
john

In article ,
PlusNet Support Team wrote:

john

John,

I can change your account so as not to include a separate connection fee
but you will have to familiarise yourself with the conditions he-

http://www.plus.net/residential/broa...reesetup.shtml

Ok, I've read that Bob.

As long as your happy with this

Well, I didn't envisage all these problems, but I don't have much
choice :-)

then I can go ahead and sort your
account out. Am I right that you want a monthly contract and no modem?

That's correct Bob, but I'm surprised that info' isn't already
accessible as of course I filled out the on-line application form along
with billing info'.

You will be charged a one-off fee of 11.75 for the monthly contract.

Ok, if it means I can at last get my 2MB, 21.99 a month service, go
ahead please. How soon will I be connected please?

thanks again for your help Bob

john
(fingers crossed :-) )

Old May 18th 05, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On to it now John. It looks that BT deemed your line only suitable for
1MB. We'll see what can be done with respect to an upgrade once your
line's active (in approximately 7 days)

Kind Regard,

Old May 18th 05, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

john wrote:

thanks again for your help Bob

john