ISP and fax to e mail

Old May 18th 05, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

Default ISP and fax to e mail

Two questions.

1. adslguide can't decide between plus-net and eclipse for the sub fifteen
quid service.

Which shall I go for?

2. I'm gonna ditch BT Highway, so need a fax to e mail service (which
plus-net say they will give me).

Any suggestions?

--

J B

Old May 18th 05, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex

"J B" wrote in message
Two questions.

1. adslguide can't decide between plus-net and eclipse for the sub fifteen
quid service.

Which shall I go for?

2. I'm gonna ditch BT Highway, so need a fax to e mail service (which
plus-net say they will give me).

Any suggestions?

--

J B

You can have a free fax to email service from www.digitalmail.co.uk, as well
as a free telephone numbe redirector, so don't let that offer sway you
either way.

Old May 18th 05, 06:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

J B wrote:

Two questions.

1. adslguide can't decide between plus-net and eclipse for the sub
fifteen quid service.

Which shall I go for?

2. I'm gonna ditch BT Highway, so need a fax to e mail service (which
plus-net say they will give me).

Any suggestions?

Can't comment on Eclipse, but PlusNet's fax-2-email service works ok as long
as you don't mind an 0870 number and as long as you receive at least one fax
every 3 months to keep it active. It's available on most (but not all)
PlusNet accounts (e.g. not on BB-Plus) and, once your account is up and
running, you have to log on to the portal to request a fax number - it's not
automatic. To keep the same number, make sure you get the occasional fax -
even if you have to send it yourself!

The cheapest account which provides it is residential PAYG at 14.99 p.m. -
with a speed of up to 2Mb/s (if your line can support it) and which includes
1GB of download bandwidth per month.

If you're interested in signing up, you could earn me a few pence by quoting
my referral code of 'mills37'.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old May 18th 05, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

"Alex" wrote in message

You can have a free fax to email service from www.digitalmail.co.uk,

What an awful web site!! I read on the site the same as what you said, but
couldn't find any details anywhere, and nowt looked free except 0700
numbers!

--

J B

Old May 18th 05, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R D S

"Alex" wrote in message

"J B" wrote in message
Two questions.

1. adslguide can't decide between plus-net and eclipse for the sub

fifteen
quid service.

Which shall I go for?

2. I'm gonna ditch BT Highway, so need a fax to e mail service (which
plus-net say they will give me).

Any suggestions?

--

J B

You can have a free fax to email service from www.digitalmail.co.uk, as

well
as a free telephone numbe redirector, so don't let that offer sway you
either way.

Do you or anyone know of a similar service allowing the sending of faxes
over the net?
Cheers.
Rick

Old May 18th 05, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R D S

"(..) BORG" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 May 2005 19:20:09 +0100, "R D S" wrote:

"Alex" wrote in message

"J B" wrote in message
Two questions.

1. adslguide can't decide between plus-net and eclipse for the sub

fifteen
quid service.

Which shall I go for?

2. I'm gonna ditch BT Highway, so need a fax to e mail service (which
plus-net say they will give me).

Any suggestions?

--

J B

You can have a free fax to email service from www.digitalmail.co.uk, as

well
as a free telephone numbe redirector, so don't let that offer sway you
either way.

Do you or anyone know of a similar service allowing the sending of faxes
over the net?
Cheers.
Rick

a cheap 56k modem

Ive got one of them buttmunch
I have to pay to send em though, hard life innit?

Old May 18th 05, 09:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 18 May 2005 17:22, "J B" wrote:

2. I'm gonna ditch BT Highway, so need a fax to e mail service (which
plus-net say they will give me).

There are fax to e-mail numbers available from www.inweb.co.uk and also
(for infrequent use - up to 20/month and intended not for businesses)
from www.efax.com (but a bit of a navigation test to get an 0870,
if you don't want a monthly fee to pay).

Someone I know who used the Inweb number had some problems... I had a
fax through (wrong number!) on mine so know it does still work! Best
to get a fax to e-mail which doesn't tie you to an ISP, IMHIO, as
who knows which ISP you might want to use in 18 months ? Peter M.

--
Plus.Net http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4
I recommend them and save some cash.

Old May 18th 05, 10:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R D S

"Stefan Kaniuk" wrote in message
just the sort of answer you would expect now isnt it.

pathetic.

top posting corrected

Can you be clearer? Or clear?

Old May 19th 05, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R D S

"Alex" wrote in message

"J B" wrote in message
Two questions.

1. adslguide can't decide between plus-net and eclipse for the sub

fifteen
quid service.

Which shall I go for?

2. I'm gonna ditch BT Highway, so need a fax to e mail service (which
plus-net say they will give me).

Any suggestions?

--

J B

You can have a free fax to email service from www.digitalmail.co.uk, as

well
as a free telephone numbe redirector, so don't let that offer sway you
either way.

Do you or anyone know of a similar service allowing the sending of faxes
over the net?
Cheers.
Rick

a cheap 56k modem

It would be nice to free up a line as well. seems a shame to have a
broadband connection virtially unused all night and much of the day.
Rick