Homecall Broadband

Old May 18th 05, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MR!KEN GRAY

Default Homecall Broadband

I have recently signed up with this company on a deal that seems OK. For 25
quids p/m I get ADSL (usb) and all geographic calls included. Seems to work
well now but I was just wondering if anyone else had any good/bad experience
of this company.
On a different note (and being a very raw newbie to ADSL!) I would like to
have my 2 computers share the Broadband resource - preferably in the
cheapest and easiest manner. One is on XP and the other on Win98 - does this
make a difference?
Thanks for your time.

Old May 18th 05, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 18 May 2005 18:44, "MR!KEN GRAY" wrote:

On a different note (and being a very raw newbie to ADSL!) I would like to
have my 2 computers share the Broadband resource - preferably in the
cheapest and easiest manner. One is on XP and the other on Win98 - does this
make a difference?

a) suggest you post with a 'scrambled' mail address as that's likely to
be used for spam now.

b) a router would offer easy sharing, but would need network cards to run
ethernet from both PCs. The network cards should be under a tenner if
you shop for lowest cost and the router needs to be an ADSL modem/router
(you sometimes see 'broadband routers' which have no ADSL modem in)

See the hardware reviews at www.ADSLguide.org or look for one of the
wired (rather than wireless) 4-port routers at Dabs.com or Ebuyer.com.

Peter M.

30 day free trial... http://web.vfm-deals.com/runbox/
Can accept mail for your domain and apply filtering...
Point your MX record to mx.runbox.com and use POP/IMAP...
Old May 19th 05, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Peter M wrote:
On 18 May 2005 18:44, "MR!KEN GRAY" wrote:

On a different note (and being a very raw newbie to ADSL!) I would like to
have my 2 computers share the Broadband resource - preferably in the
cheapest and easiest manner. One is on XP and the other on Win98 - does this
make a difference?

a) suggest you post with a 'scrambled' mail address as that's likely to
be used for spam now.

Not always/often true, I have a valid Reply-to: address and it
receives very little junk mail, maybe one a day.

--
Chris Green