ADSL Modem probs (Tiscali)

Old May 18th 05, 09:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
easygeezer

Default ADSL Modem probs (Tiscali)

Hi I am trying to connect to Tiscali with a Nortel ADSL modem and a
ready to chuck it through the window, I see from what I have read tha
I must connect via PPPOA but the only option I get is PPPOE, is thi
the problem and if so how do I resolve it, I am running windows XP i
that helps ?????

--
easygeezer
Old May 19th 05, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John DH

I'm new to this as well, spent a whole day getting my router to work.
However, on the Tiscali web site do a search for 'ROUTER' and you should
find a whole page of settings
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/broadband/install.html to get it all going.

John D

"easygeezer" wrote in message

Hi I am trying to connect to Tiscali with a Nortel ADSL modem and am
ready to chuck it through the window, I see from what I have read that
I must connect via PPPOA but the only option I get is PPPOE, is this
the problem and if so how do I resolve it, I am running windows XP if
that helps ??????

--
easygeezer

Old May 19th 05, 09:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"easygeezer" wrote in message

Hi I am trying to connect to Tiscali with a Nortel ADSL modem and am
ready to chuck it through the window, I see from what I have read that
I must connect via PPPOA but the only option I get is PPPOE, is this
the problem and if so how do I resolve it, I am running windows XP if
that helps ??????

Can you select the encapsulation? Try using LLC with PPPoE if you can.
That should allow you to connect.

--
easygeezer

Old May 19th 05, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
thoss

In article , Dave
writes

"easygeezer" wrote in message
.. .

Hi I am trying to connect to Tiscali with a Nortel ADSL modem and am
ready to chuck it through the window, I see from what I have read that
I must connect via PPPOA but the only option I get is PPPOE, is this
the problem and if so how do I resolve it, I am running windows XP if
that helps ??????

Can you select the encapsulation? Try using LLC with PPPoE if you can.
That should allow you to connect.

I too have a PPPoE-only router, an Origo which does not let me select
encapsulation. Has anyone any further suggestions?
--
Thoss