Just upgraded to 2Mb BT adsl...slower download speed than 512kb...

Old May 19th 05, 11:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Just upgraded to 2Mb BT adsl...slower download speed than 512kb...

Morning all,

BT have just upgraded my line and instead of getting a faster download
rate than my previous 512 connection, im getting less.

So can you wise people advise if I am being impatient (its less than 24
hours since switch) or if I need to go through pain of contacting BT.

Ive used several speed checks, including adslguide.org.

Cheers,

Nick

Old May 20th 05, 12:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
P H

wrote in message
oups.com...
Morning all,

BT have just upgraded my line and instead of getting a faster download
rate than my previous 512 connection, im getting less.

What is your Line Loss and SNR figures for the up and downstream ?

It could be that you are to far from the exchange or there could be a
problem with the line and the line loss is to high to support the 2Mbps
service.

Are you getting any packet errors or drop out in Sync (DSL light going out)
?

Which modem or router are you using ?

Phill H

Old May 20th 05, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
narcissu

On Thu, 19 May 2005 23:09:22 +0100, "P H"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Morning all,

BT have just upgraded my line and instead of getting a faster download
rate than my previous 512 connection, im getting less.

What is your Line Loss and SNR figures for the up and downstream ?

It could be that you are to far from the exchange or there could be a
problem with the line and the line loss is to high to support the 2Mbps
service.

Are you getting any packet errors or drop out in Sync (DSL light going out)
?

Which modem or router are you using ?

Phill H

Was with BT Openworld 512, maxed out, then BT Yahoo BB, maxed out,
some months back BT Yahoo (BT BB?) 2Mb, maxed out - never seems to
drop like the old 512 did, great - until the caps come in, then bye
bye.

If BT bring in an unlimited service for a bit more dosh - I will stay.
They are more costly than others for lower speed - so they can give
back something.