(Possibly OT) Need help with getting 2 PCs to talk to each other!

Old May 20th 05, 12:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
chipshop

Default (Possibly OT) Need help with getting 2 PCs to talk to each other!

Greetings all...

I have 2 Windows 98se machines with Netgear WG311v2 wireless PCI cards
and a DG834G wireless router that connects them both to broadband.

Individually, each machine connects to the internet via the router very
well…but what I don’t know is how to make the two PCs connect to each
other so that I can transfer files between them.

Could someone please explain in idiot proof terms how I can do this??

Ta muchness...

chipshop
Old May 20th 05, 03:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

You have to make their Network ID's belong to the same work group, then set
up file sharing from your hard disk (right click) 'properties' setup.
Then in 'My Network neigbourhood' you should be able to see the other
computer(s), see their hard drives and 'map' them as drive G (or whichever
letter is free).
Regards,
Martin

Old May 20th 05, 07:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"chipshop" wrote in message
Greetings all...

I have 2 Windows 98se machines with Netgear WG311v2 wireless PCI cards
and a DG834G wireless router that connects them both to broadband.

Individually, each machine connects to the internet via the router very
well…but what I don’t know is how to make the two PCs connect to each
other so that I can transfer files between them.

Could someone please explain in idiot proof terms how I can do this??

www.practicallynetworked.com

P.