Upgraded this morning (Plus.net)

Old May 20th 05, 10:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bales1983 (Lee Bales)

Default Upgraded this morning (Plus.net)

Hi all,

Upon waking this morning i found my router disconnected, upon
reconnection i find my router now syncs at 2272. Pleasant surprise as i
havent asked for a regrade and i thought the bulk regrades round here
were not until july. Anyway im still running at 1mb, but on the 29.99
4mb package, will plus.net just bump me up to 2mb now then??

Regards

Lee
Old May 20th 05, 11:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Bales1983 (Lee Bales) wrote:
Hi all,

Upon waking this morning i found my router disconnected, upon
reconnection i find my router now syncs at 2272. Pleasant surprise as i
havent asked for a regrade and i thought the bulk regrades round here
were not until july. Anyway im still running at 1mb, but on the 29.99
4mb package, will plus.net just bump me up to 2mb now then??

Regards

Lee

Hi Lee,

You'll need to call support as your account will have speed restrictions
at the moment. Support can lift these to allow for the higher speeds.

Kind Regards,

Old May 20th 05, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Bales1983 (Lee Bales) wrote:

Anyway im still running at 1mb, but on the 29.99
4mb package, will plus.net just bump me up to 2mb now then??

Yes, they need to lift the throttle at their end, you might want to
consider downgrading to the "21.99/month up to 2Mb" account.

You're paying an extra 8/month just to stay at the front of the queue
for a free upgrade to a "faster then 2Mb" product which has no announced
start date and which your line may or may not be capable of providing.

Old May 20th 05, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bales1983 (Lee Bales)

Thanks for that info Plusnet support,

I got a problem, i raised a ticket with you, was instructed to request a
regrade, I did. but now have an email saying the request has been sent
to BT, but the line is already graded for 2mb, i just want a package
change. and i was chargeed 14.99?? dont know why as i just want to
change package.

Lee
Old May 20th 05, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Bales1983 (Lee Bales) wrote:

I got a problem, i raised a ticket with you, was instructed to request a
regrade, I did. but now have an email saying the request has been sent
to BT, but the line is already graded for 2mb, i just want a package
change. and i was chargeed 14.99?? dont know why as i just want to
change package.

Sounds like a billing error, I "downgraded" from from my 1Mb/29.99
account to a 2Mb/21.99 account without any charge. I have seen others
who say they were charged, as I understand you should be able to
downgrade free so long as you understand that you would have to pay an
upgrade fee if you ever wanted to go above 2Mb.
Old May 21st 05, 03:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Bales1983 (Lee Bales) wrote:
Thanks for that info Plusnet support,

I got a problem, i raised a ticket with you, was instructed to request a
regrade, I did. but now have an email saying the request has been sent
to BT, but the line is already graded for 2mb, i just want a package
change. and i was chargeed 14.99?? dont know why as i just want to
change package.

Lee

Post your ticket number and I'll be able to advise you whether or not
the charge should have been applicable (and get it refunded if it isn't).

Regards,

Old May 21st 05, 11:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bales1983 (Lee Bales)

PlusNet Support Team wrote:

Post your ticket number and I'll be able to advise you whether or not
the charge should have been applicable (and get it refunded if it isn't).

Regards,

Thanks Bob,

Its discussed on these 3

Ticket: 16605327
Ticket: 16605726
Ticket: 16606835

I understand it was an upgrade as i requested to move from Premier 1mb
original to Premier up to 4mb. Its the same price but the speed is
increased to 2mb. But the fee is for BT to regrade the line where in my
case it doesnt need a regrade as it is already graded at 2mb.

Regards

Lee
Old May 21st 05, 12:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Bales1983 (Lee Bales) wrote:

I understand it was an upgrade as i requested to move from Premier 1mb
original to Premier up to 4mb. Its the same price but the speed is
increased to 2mb. But the fee is for BT to regrade the line where in my
case it doesnt need a regrade as it is already graded at 2mb.

Ahh that's a bit different, you've paid an upgrade fee even though 4Mb
is not available yet, but when it becomes available, if your line is
capable you wouldn't be charged again ... or a meringue?
Old May 23rd 05, 03:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Bales1983 (Lee Bales) wrote:
PlusNet Support Team wrote:

Post your ticket number and I'll be able to advise you whether or not
the charge should have been applicable (and get it refunded if it isn't).

Regards,

Thanks Bob,

Its discussed on these 3

Ticket: 16605327
Ticket: 16605726
Ticket: 16606835

I understand it was an upgrade as i requested to move from Premier 1mb
original to Premier up to 4mb. Its the same price but the speed is
increased to 2mb. But the fee is for BT to regrade the line where in my
case it doesnt need a regrade as it is already graded at 2mb.

Regards

Lee

Hi Lee,

Looks like it's already been refunded.