NTE5 without a socket

Old May 20th 05, 07:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Woodhead

Default NTE5 without a socket

Folks,

I hope this is the right place to ask this.

I've Googled and think our BT master box is an NTE5. However, the screw
on bottom half does not have a socket on it, it is just a blanking
plate. Unusually this box is very conveniently located and I'd like to
convert it to a socket to connect an ADSL router to.

Can anyone advise how I do this? Is it a case of replacing the plate and
wiring straight in to the connectors behind or do I need to run an
extension a few centimetres?

Many thanks in advance,
Simon
Old May 20th 05, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
P H

"Simon Woodhead" wrote in message
.. .
Folks,

I hope this is the right place to ask this.

I've Googled and think our BT master box is an NTE5. However, the screw on
bottom half does not have a socket on it, it is just a blanking plate.
Unusually this box is very conveniently located and I'd like to convert it
to a socket to connect an ADSL router to.

Can anyone advise how I do this? Is it a case of replacing the plate and
wiring straight in to the connectors behind or do I need to run an
extension a few centimetres?

Many thanks in advance,
Simon

Without a Socket on the frount it's a NTE5b, With a socket it's a NTE5a.

If this is in the same place as where you need your broadband router/modem
then what you are after is the NTE2000 SSFP frount plate which you can get
from Solwise or Clartiy, or maybe a local BT Broadband Engineer if you can
find one in your area.

http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm

http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm

Phill H

Old May 20th 05, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Woodhead

P H wrote:
[...]

Perfect Phill. Thanks for such a quick and helpful reply!