Broadband comparison sites

Old May 20th 05, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lewy Broadband

Default Broadband comparison sites

Just to let you people know that I found a really useful broadband
comparison site... www.lasmit.com

There a few things that make it stand out from the others

1) it highlights packages which are on special offer
2) it has a star rating for value for money (basically some guy has
entered all the details about each isp and then done some sums to work
out which is best value)
3) it isn't plastered with adverts

all in all, worth a peek!

could anyone recommend any other comparison sites worth checking out?

lewis

Old May 20th 05, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stefan Kaniuk

you wouldnt happen to be a uk online customer now would you as that seems to
be the only one that is highly rated,in fact rated at all.
oups.com...

Old May 20th 05, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On 20 May 2005 11:50:55 -0700, "Lewy Broadband"
wrote:

Just to let you people know that I found a really useful broadband
comparison site

given there are over 100 ISPs providing ADSL a site that lists 5
widely available ones is poxy, not "really useful".

But you knew that, you're just advertising it like its being paid to
advertise ****cali and NTHell

Phil
--
Tiscali - dialup speeds at Broadband prices.
Old May 20th 05, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stefan Kaniuk

here,here and it would seem like the op is in favour of one particular isp
as you can clearly see from that site, hm i wonder what the connection with
the op and that particular isp REALLY is.

Old May 20th 05, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pilbs

"Lewy Broadband" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just to let you people know that I found a really useful broadband
comparison site... www.lasmit.com

There a few things that make it stand out from the others

1) it highlights packages which are on special offer
2) it has a star rating for value for money (basically some guy has
entered all the details about each isp and then done some sums to work
out which is best value)
3) it isn't plastered with adverts

all in all, worth a peek!

could anyone recommend any other comparison sites worth checking out?

lewis

Hmmm call me cynical but the owner of the above website is Lewis Smith
c/o uklinux.net , Strawberry Studios .Same first name, what a coincidence

Old May 20th 05, 09:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Arbiter

Most of the providers on there advertise on TV. I always steer clear of them because every penny
these providers put into TV advertising (and peak time slots are a _lot_ of pennys) is taken away
from the funds which should be used for maintaining their service.

.... i'll ge 'me coat...

Old May 20th 05, 10:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , Pilbs
says...
Hmmm call me cynical but the owner of the above website is Lewis Smith
c/o uklinux.net , Strawberry Studios .Same first name, what a coincidence

always amazes me how many people 'find' sites that they own...

FR
Old May 20th 05, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

"Arbiter" wrote in message
Most of the providers on there advertise on TV. I always steer clear of

them because every penny
these providers put into TV advertising (and peak time slots are a _lot_

of pennys) is taken away
from the funds which should be used for maintaining their service.

The site Lewy mentions is IMO crap, however I must point out to Phil and
troll boy Sector999 (aka Stefan) that Lewy is not a NTL, Tiscali or
UKOnline customer, he is using Pussynet and made the post through google
groups.
However the Registrant of that site is a Lewis Smith, which seems more then
a coincidence, however the Creation Date of the site mentioned was the 26
August 2004, so if he has decided to Spam its taken him almost a year to
get round to it.
Hope that clears that up

"Lewy Broadband" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just to let you people know that I found a really useful broadband
comparison site... www.lasmit.com

There a few things that make it stand out from the others

1) it highlights packages which are on special offer
2) it has a star rating for value for money (basically some guy has
entered all the details about each isp and then done some sums to work
out which is best value)
3) it isn't plastered with adverts

all in all, worth a peek!

could anyone recommend any other comparison sites worth checking out?

lewis

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old May 20th 05, 10:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stefan Kaniuk

no ones liwstening dave, as usual your language is atrocious, ps. i am
replying from my laptop on the way to liverpool and we're having a right
laugh at you DAVE.

Old May 20th 05, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gzl

"Pilbs" wrote in message

[...]

His name is Lewis Smith, and he works for HSBC Bank.