Griffin & Usenet

Old May 21st 05, 04:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Hill

Default Griffin & Usenet

I've just got Broadband and via personal recommenation I've used
Griffin. They tell me their news server is news.griffin.com and I've
set it up ok. however I get a message when trying to download the
groups: 502 NNTPCache-3.0.1 access denied , you do
not have connect permissions in the nntpcache.access file.

Configuration:
Account: news.griffin.com
Server: news.griffin.com
Protocol: NNTP
Port: 119
Secure(SSL): 0
Error Number: 502
Code: 800ccca0

I'm using a D-Link DSL-604T Router

Can anyone help?

Old May 21st 05, 08:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Toonz

On Sat, 21 May 2005 06:37:16 +0100, Toonz wrote:

On Fri, 20 May 2005 20:37:35 -0700, Peter Hill wrote:

I've just got Broadband and via personal recommenation I've used
Griffin. They tell me their news server is news.griffin.com and I've set
it up ok. however I get a message when trying to download the groups:
502 NNTPCache-3.0.1 access denied , you do not have
connect permissions in the nntpcache.access file.

Configuration:
Account: news.griffin.com
Server: news.griffin.com
Protocol: NNTP
Port: 119
Secure(SSL): 0
Error Number: 502
Code: 800ccca0

I'm using a D-Link DSL-604T Router

Can anyone help?

Snip

Also forgot to mention in my last post , you can only access the
newsgroups what your isp provide not another newsgroup server i.e if your
on ntl you can only access news.cable.ntlworld.com. and not
news.cable.telewest.com for example if you try to access another
newsgroup from your isp you will get the same error message that you
mention. But some news servers let you access them without being
registerd to that news server ie freenews.netfront.net & others and some
as i said in my last post , ask you to enter your username & password in
where it says server requires authorization in the part where you enter
the server deails for the newsgroup, some do & some dont , i dont know
about your isp , like i said before you best ring them up again just to
confirm if you have to enter your deatils or not , if you need any more
advice or help on it , post back and i would be most happy to help you out

hope that helps again

Toonz
Old May 21st 05, 10:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On 20 May 2005 20:37:35 -0700, "Peter Hill" wrote:

I've just got Broadband and via personal recommenation I've used
Griffin. They tell me their news server is news.griffin.com and I've
set it up ok. however I get a message when trying to download the
groups:

I'm using news.griffin.net.uk with username / password credentials
what Griffin supplied me (from memory) so best ask again.

Phil
--
Tiscali - dialup speeds at Broadband prices.
Old May 24th 05, 12:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Hill

Now on via Outlook Express,

Griffin actually had to do a server update

Cheers
Peter

news

Old May 24th 05, 12:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RolYat

In article ,

Now on via Outlook Express,

Griffin actually had to do a server update

twice?