Demon connection failed - anything else to try?

Old May 21st 05, 07:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Default Demon connection failed - anything else to try?

Nigel M wrote:
A friend has a problem as follows:

Went to use PC yesterday, no broadband connection from Demon Home 500.
She hadn't changed anything on PC or phones.
ADSL and USB LEDs on SpeedTouch 330 both green.
I swapped the SpeedTouch 330 for another one.
I swapped microfilters.
I tried a router.
Called Demon, they did several tests with other IDs, no joy.
Demon did a line test, no fault found.
Next step is to call BT, who charge 50 if no fault found.

Any other thoughts?

Get Demon to do what you are paying them for, that is progress the fault to
BT. If you do you will get stung, if they do you may not..

Old May 21st 05, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paula

On Sat, 21 May 2005 18:41:21 +0100, "kraftee" [email protected]&die
wrote:

Nigel M wrote:
A friend has a problem as follows:

Went to use PC yesterday, no broadband connection from Demon Home 500.
She hadn't changed anything on PC or phones.
ADSL and USB LEDs on SpeedTouch 330 both green.
I swapped the SpeedTouch 330 for another one.
I swapped microfilters.
I tried a router.
Called Demon, they did several tests with other IDs, no joy.
Demon did a line test, no fault found.
Next step is to call BT, who charge ?50 if no fault found.

Any other thoughts?

Get Demon to do what you are paying them for, that is progress the fault to
BT. If you do you will get stung, if they do you may not..

Anyone silly enough to use demon deserves everything they get.
Old May 21st 05, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

bull****
--
Tiscali - dialup speeds at Broadband prices.
Old May 21st 05, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paula

On Sat, 21 May 2005 20:02:39 +0100, Phil Thompson
wrote:

On Sat, 21 May 2005 18:45:35 GMT, (Paula) wrote:

Anyone silly enough to use demon deserves everything they get.

bull****

Well that could at least be handy, do you have a garden?

Old May 21st 05, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paula

wrote:

Nigel M wrote:
A friend has a problem as follows:

Went to use PC yesterday, no broadband connection from Demon Home 500.
She hadn't changed anything on PC or phones.
ADSL and USB LEDs on SpeedTouch 330 both green.
I swapped the SpeedTouch 330 for another one.
I swapped microfilters.
I tried a router.
Called Demon, they did several tests with other IDs, no joy.
Demon did a line test, no fault found.
Next step is to call BT, who charge ?50 if no fault found.

Any other thoughts?

Get Demon to do what you are paying them for, that is progress the fault
BT. If you do you will get stung, if they do you may not..

Anyone silly enough to use demon deserves everything they get.

As in a static IP (useful for running your own mail server), no annoying
limits or caps even on dial-up, performance as good as any ISP over the
past 12 years (they all have good and bad spells). Slightly expensive but
that might account for the lack of a cap. About the only problems I have
with them (because of what I run here) are when the connectivity goes bad
and that hasn't happened that often.

Their service is crap and expensive.

Old May 22nd 05, 02:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

In article , Paula
writes

Their service is crap and expensive.

Don't feed the troll, they never have a reasoned argument. Killfiling
them is effective.
--
John Clark Constipation is the thief of time, but diaorrehia waits
for no man!!
Old May 22nd 05, 11:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paula

On Sat, 21 May 2005 22:44:05 +0100, "Dave {Reply Address in.sig}"
wrote:

In message , Paula wrote:

Their service is crap and expensive.

I think it depends on what you want from the service. Certainly more
expensive than some but not as crap as some either.

Cheep crap is always preferable to expensive crap ;-)

Old May 22nd 05, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paula

On Sun, 22 May 2005 01:11:04 +0100, John
wrote:

In article , Paula
writes

Their service is crap and expensive.

Don't feed the troll, they never have a reasoned argument. Killfiling
them is effective.

No doubt, almost as effective as putting your hands over your ears and
closing your eyes whilsy screaming "I cant hear you"

Old May 24th 05, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
IamTheWalrus

In article , Paula
writes

wrote:

[...]