Broadband Plymouth

Old May 22nd 05, 03:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Chip

Default Broadband Plymouth

Any suggestions for a bb supplier in Plymouth?

Ideally 2Mb+, unlimited ... cable or adsl, doesn't matter.

tia

--

Joe Chip

h o v x . v a p @ t z n v y . p b z

rot that
Old May 22nd 05, 03:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Sun, 22 May 2005 15:51:43 +0100, Joe Chip wrote:

Any suggestions for a bb supplier in Plymouth?

Ideally 2Mb+, unlimited ... cable or adsl, doesn't matter.

tia

Why ? If your exchange is enabled, an ISP can provide bb.

www.adslguide.org

is a good place to start.

Dave

Old May 22nd 05, 03:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

Why ? If your exchange is enabled, an ISP can provide bb.

www.adslguide.org

is a good place to start.

Dave

That should have been any not an.

Old May 22nd 05, 04:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Chip

On Sun, 22 May 2005 15:53:26 +0100, dave stanton
wrote:

Why ? If your exchange is enabled, an ISP can provide bb.

www.adslguide.org

is a good place to start.

Okaaaay ... just asking. I've been out of the country for 4 years ...
just catching up ...

Thanks for your help anyway :-)

--

Joe Chip

h o v x . v a p @ t z n v y . p b z

rot that
Old May 22nd 05, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Jones

Any suggestions for a bb supplier in Plymouth?

Ideally 2Mb+, unlimited ... cable or adsl, doesn't matter.

Your location doesn't really matter when it comes to ADSL, most ISPs use BT
Wholesale ADSL which is available throughout the country (so long as your
exchange is enabled).

Anyway you might want to check out Pipex and Plusnet for ADSL, and Telewest
Blueyonder cable (if it's in your area).
ADSLGuide is a good resource but there tends to be too much information to
make any sense out of.

Old May 22nd 05, 05:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
aa

In ,
Joe Chip wrote:

Any suggestions for a bb supplier in Plymouth?

Ideally 2Mb+, unlimited ... cable or adsl, doesn't matter.

tia

Telewest Blueyonder. Try their Postcode Checker..

http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyond...ge=serv_signup
--
aa

Old May 22nd 05, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Why ? If your exchange is enabled, an ISP can provide bb.

www.adslguide.org

is a good place to start.

Dave

Why what? Why is he asking for suggestions? Why is he posting to news net?
Sorry, I just can't make sense of your post.

Joe, I would reccomend Pipex. Been with them for years and have had hardly
any problems. I've never noticed any slow downs on my connection, and its
definately unlimited!

Dan

Old May 22nd 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CheggersPop

Any suggestions for a bb supplier in Plymouth?

Ideally 2Mb+, unlimited ... cable or adsl, doesn't matter.

tia

Zen are offering 2mb, un-capped BB as of June 1st for 35! I've been with
the for about 6 months and have had no problems, drop outs and their
customer/sales services are very good also!

www.zen.co.uk

(".)

Old May 22nd 05, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DieSea

"Cheggerspop" wrote in message
Any suggestions for a bb supplier in Plymouth?

Ideally 2Mb+, unlimited ... cable or adsl, doesn't matter.

tia

Zen are offering 2mb, un-capped BB as of June 1st for 35! I've been with
the for about 6 months and have had no problems, drop outs and their
customer/sales services are very good also!

www.zen.co.uk

(".)

I've been with Zen for more than 12 months , fixed IP addresses , upto 8 IP
address's and good customer services , unlike NThell more than 45 mins wait with
muzac on hold (ntl) on more than half a dozen occasions and bt , well to improve
YOUR service we are transferring you to another number ****004 .

No I like ZEN after all you get what you pay for , the only problems I've had is
when some bt tunnel in Manchester caught fire and again when some of bt's
equipment fell over .

Regards to all

DieSea

Old May 25th 05, 06:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 22 May 2005 19:31, "Dan" d.d.com wrote:

Why what? Why is he asking for suggestions? Why is he posting to news net?
Sorry, I just can't make sense of your post.

Well, you did trim a bit too much off to be able to make sense, if one was
to only see your post. Perhaps Dave could have trimmed a little and you'd
see his line of thinking...

Any suggestions for a bb supplier in Plymouth?

Why ? If your exchange is enabled, an ISP can provide bb.

Hint: It has been a long time since 0345 was first used to avoid having a
costly phone bill for some "non-local" ISP. Of course, with ADSL, the ISP
does not need to be 'local' any more :-) Clearer now ? Peter M.

30 day free trial... http://web.vfm-deals.com/runbox/
Can accept mail for your domain and apply filtering...
Point your MX record to mx.runbox.com and use POP/IMAP...