Wireless network adaptor suggestions

Old May 22nd 05, 06:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Salisbury

Default Wireless network adaptor suggestions

Hi,

I subscribe to PIPEX and currently connect via a DSL-604T Dlink. I would
like to add a wireless connection, but limit what the wireless connection
can see on the PC. Any suggestions on what kit I should buy, and how to lock
down. I would like to use static nat routeing with no DHCP and with it
locked to specfic MACs

Thanks

Old May 22nd 05, 06:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Salisbury

"James Salisbury" wrote in message
Hi,

I subscribe to PIPEX and currently connect via a DSL-604T Dlink. I would
like to add a wireless connection, but limit what the wireless connection
can see on the PC. Any suggestions on what kit I should buy, and how to
lock down. I would like to use static nat routeing with no DHCP and with
it locked to specfic MACs

Thanks

To clarify, I would like so the Wireless connections could'nt see the PC on
the ethernet connection.

Old May 22nd 05, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 22 May 2005 17:15:21 +0100, "James Salisbury"
wrote:

To clarify, I would like so the Wireless connections could'nt see the PC on
the ethernet connection.

don't install MS Networking protocols on the PC and don't share
anything.

Phil
--
Tiscali - dialup speeds at Broadband prices.
Old May 22nd 05, 08:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

wrote:

To clarify, I would like so the Wireless connections could'nt see the PC on
the ethernet connection.

don't install MS Networking protocols on the PC and don't share
anything.

Phil

Ensure patching is up to date, and AV, Firewall correctly configured,
turn off all non-essential services that your PC is offering eg ftp,
webserver, turn off null sessions, turn off SNMP if enabled, turn off
netbios. It can get quite complex. Ty running MBSA (free from
Microsoft) against the box to see what is open.

There are plenty of guides/info via Google. I can try and expand on any
of the subjects if you wish.