speedtouch 530 help

Old May 22nd 05, 08:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Harris

Default speedtouch 530 help

I have a speedtouch 530 usb/Ethernet modem cant get web pages as of
last night. All settings seem OK connects to isp Ethernet link
works.....dont know whats failed? All the info I can get says these
units run hot and fail.

Anyone know of a cheap alternative BB Ethernet modem with firewall?
Old May 23rd 05, 07:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

Anyone know of a cheap alternative BB Ethernet modem with firewall?

To repeat, ( don't you read previous posts) get a router. Ebuyer do a good
ADSL router, their own brand for at the moment approx 20. I have
installed quite few of these and they work well. Usual disclaimer.

Dave