Are there any reliable ISPs at 20pm or less?

Old May 23rd 05, 08:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter P

Default Are there any reliable ISPs at 20pm or less?

Looking for a reliable 1mb uncapped (or capped at around 4gb) ISP.

Demon would be my first choice, but 30pm is more than I can afford.
Is there anything in that league at 20 or less.

Thanks for any help.

Old May 23rd 05, 08:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gel

Try
www.plus.net

Old May 23rd 05, 08:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Norman

On 22 May 2005 23:17:00 -0700, "Peter P" wrote:

Looking for a reliable 1mb uncapped (or capped at around 4gb) ISP.

Demon would be my first choice, but 30pm is more than I can afford.
Is there anything in that league at 20 or less.

Plusnet's Broadband Plus at 14.99pm (for upto a 2mb line) would
probably meet your needs. There is no cap, but they do throttle P2P
and Usenet news traffic during peak hours.

http://www.plus.net/residential/broa...and_plus.shtml

I have found them to be a reliable ISP.
--
Andy Norman
http://www.norman.cx/
Old May 23rd 05, 08:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

Peter P wrote:
Looking for a reliable 1mb uncapped (or capped at around 4gb) ISP.

Demon would be my first choice, but 30pm is more than I can afford.
Is there anything in that league at 20 or less.

Thanks for any help.

How about Tiscali 2Mb with 15Gb limit at 19.99 free connection, free
modem. I know people who are very content with their choice even though
its datastream, and I see migration from is getting easier now - it will
be a year into the future when you come to do it so will be fine.

By asking that very wide question you will get many good and bad
recommendations for the same ISP, no matter which one it is.
Old May 23rd 05, 09:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter P

Thanks to all posters for the help - appreciate it. I was considering
PlusNet. The only thing that bothers me is the restrictions they put
on it, which aren't very clear. I do sometimes download large files,
and I want to be able to do it at speed. How big an issue is this with
PlusNet in practice?

Old May 23rd 05, 09:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter P

Sounds interesting. The 14.99 one could be OK for me too (with
1.50 per gb add on). Thanks. What's the datastream issue, though -
don't understand that. Is it fixed IP address or dynamic by the way?

Old May 23rd 05, 10:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Norman

On Mon, 23 May 2005 08:31:34 +0100, Patrick Nethercot (ngs)
wrote:

http://www.plus.net/residential/broa...and_plus.shtml

Their website is not very informative about the client end. Because the
computer I have in mind is a W98SE machine, I would rather not use USB,
but am happy to buy a card and router. But what are *their* requirements
and supplies?

That is because they don't have any requirements as such, you can use
any ADSL router/modem that you like.

If you proceed through to the first stage of the ordering process you
will see a list of the options:

No Hardware - 0.00
USB Modem - included - 0.00
USB Modem/Router - 29.99
4-Port Router - 49.99
Wireless Router - 74.99
Wireless Router Laptop bundle - 99.99
Wireless Router PCI bundle - 99.99

So either pick "non hardware" and source your own card/router, or
choose one of their non-USB hardware options.
Old May 23rd 05, 03:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article .com,
Peter P says...
Looking for a reliable 1mb uncapped (or capped at around 4gb) ISP.

Demon would be my first choice, but 30pm is more than I can afford.
Is there anything in that league at 20 or less.

Thanks for any help.

Eclipse Home Broadband, 2Mbps and a 5GB cap at 19.99pcm

http://www.eclipse.net.uk/index.cfm?...sidentialintro

FR
Old May 24th 05, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ras

www.seriouslyinternet.co.uk 14.75/month

Static ip

free .co.uk domain name

On Mon, 23 May 2005 14:23:24 +0100, Flying Rat
wrote:

In article .com,
Peter P says...