Wanadoo Broadband not connecting-Help

Old May 23rd 05, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blair

Default Wanadoo Broadband not connecting-Help

I received Broadband on the 10th May and was delighted with the new service.
I went on holiday on the 13th May and returned on the 23rd May to find that
my modem is blinking showing my account is not live and when I try and
connect I get a message 'no dial tone'.
I can still use my anytime account which I think lasts for a month after
joining Broadband.
I phoned the Wanadoo Broadband Help line and spoke to an Indian or Pakistan
gentleman who spoke so quickly that it was difficult to understand what he
was saying but eventually I understood that he was suggesting that I should
connect to the direct line behind the connecting box cutting out the second
phone connection . This made no difference.
I don't want to go through another phone call again to the help Line. Could
someone please help.
I feel that I may have to start again and load the software again from the
start.
Any suggestions please
Blair

Old May 23rd 05, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 23 May 2005 17:28:05 +0100, "Blair"
wrote:

I feel that I may have to start again and load the software again from the
start. Any suggestions please

assuming its a USB modem this would be reasonable.

the lights show sync to the exchange I think, rather than not logged
in. If the test socket behind the master did the same and you can't
fix it with a driver re-install and/or trying a different modem you'll
be needing a BT visit to test it out.

Phil
--
Tiscali - dialup speeds at Broadband prices.
Old May 23rd 05, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blair

wrote:

I feel that I may have to start again and load the software again from

the
start. Any suggestions please

assuming its a USB modem this would be reasonable.

the lights show sync to the exchange I think, rather than not logged
in. If the test socket behind the master did the same and you can't
fix it with a driver re-install and/or trying a different modem you'll
be needing a BT visit to test it out.

Phil
--
Tiscali - dialup speeds at Broadband prices.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Speed Touch USB for Wanadoo Broadband and got
an error message
Application Error
Ikernel.exe Error
OX4def21fe Ref Memory Error at OXOO1694d8
OK to terminate the programme?
What this means I have no idea
Do BT come and check without their usual large charges?

Blair

Old May 24th 05, 10:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 23 May 2005 22:20:33 +0100, "Blair"
wrote:

Do BT come and check without their usual large charges?

sounds like you need a PC expert to come fix your Windows / USB issues
and charge you "their usual large charges".

If you think your ADSL is not working you complain to your ISP and ask
for help. They help you, allegedly, and if its deeemed to be a line
problem *they* ask BT to attend.

The BT Engineer will plug in their own modem, if that works fine then
somebody might get charged as it was a customer equipment issue,
rather than a BT fault.

Phil
--
Tiscali - dialup speeds at Broadband prices.
Old May 24th 05, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
john

news
wrote:

Do BT come and check without their usual large charges?

sounds like you need a PC expert to come fix your Windows / USB issues
and charge you "their usual large charges".

If you think your ADSL is not working you complain to your ISP and ask
for help. They help you, allegedly, and if its deeemed to be a line
problem *they* ask BT to attend.

The BT Engineer will plug in their own modem, if that works fine then
somebody might get charged as it was a customer equipment issue,
rather than a BT fault.

Phil
--
Tiscali - dialup speeds at Broadband prices.

Does it connect sometimes. I had a similar problem late last year. was fine
one day the dropped. Would not connect weekends or from 4pm til 1 am

Eventually , the guy who I was installing it for was told it wa shis PC and
not the line. SO convinced it wa sthe line , I called BT and thet sent a
Wholesale Engineer. I was informe dthat if it was a PC fault and not the
line I would be charged.

This was after Wanadoo and BT had both said there wa snot an issue. The BT
guy turns up , plugs in his box of doobreys looks at me and says "theres a
fault 28meters down line". Went outside , opened a box in the ground and it
was full of water.

Tossy BT

Old May 24th 05, 10:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NBT

wrote:

[...]

Are you running an AV or Firewall program when you do this? Try
temporarily disabling them when you load your USB drivers.
Old May 25th 05, 07:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blair

wrote:

[...]

I am running AVG software. Do I have to uninstall it or will disabling the
control Centre be enough?
Blair

Old May 25th 05, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NBT

Blair wrote:

[...]

Just disable while you install the modem drivers and then enable it.
Old May 25th 05, 02:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blair

"NBT" wrote in message
Blair wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Thanks. I disabled AVG but I still get the same fault- no dial tone and the
green light flashing
Blair

Old May 25th 05, 02:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NBT

Blair wrote:
Thanks. I disabled AVG but I still get the same fault- no dial tone and the
green light flashing
Blair

When you connected to the master socket did you try it without having a
microfilter connected?