Extended reach speed & Pipex

Old May 23rd 05, 07:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

Default Extended reach speed & Pipex

Well, for anyone who had to wait for extended reach ADSL this may be of
interest.

When I initially applied for Broadband, I was turned down....too far
from the exchange (although I only live 2 miles out of the city of
Lancaster).

Following the Extended Reach trials, I was told I could get ADSL.
Applied through Pipex, and have had no problems with the service at all.
I use Broadband a lot, download about 5Gb a month, everything stable
as could be.

Then Pipex wrote to their customers telling us they would upgrade our
service free, to 1Mb. I wondered if this would actually work given the
fact I had originally been turned down, and resigned myself to the
inevitable carrying on at 512k.

However, this Saturday night things got faster! My router reports a
speed of 1152, and downloads fly across the wires at about 110+k. All
in all I'm a very happy camper!

So if anyone else out there wonders if it will be possible for them,
here is a tale of hope :-)

Rob
Old May 24th 05, 12:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

"Rob" wrote in message
Well, for anyone who had to wait for extended reach ADSL this may be of
interest.

When I initially applied for Broadband, I was turned down....too far
from the exchange (although I only live 2 miles out of the city of
Lancaster).

Following the Extended Reach trials, I was told I could get ADSL.
Applied through Pipex, and have had no problems with the service at all.
I use Broadband a lot, download about 5Gb a month, everything stable
as could be.

It perhaps depends which extended reach trial 2003 or 2004.

If a connection was only provided when BT abandoned the 60db limit for 512K (Oct
2004) the in theory, and in my case in practice -, a 1mb will not be provided.

(Not wishing to be a spoil sport.)

--

Michael Chare