Central Point BB bought out by FAST24

Old May 24th 05, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
OnTheRun

Default Central Point BB bought out by FAST24

Hi guys.

Not had any complaints with CPBB as of yet (apart from the price which was
actually really good when I started with them!) But it appears from their
website (www.cpbb.co.uk) that FAST24 have bought em out. I can't find that
much about FAST24, but what I can find doesn't appear to be that great.

Anyway a copy of the press release....

PRESS RELEASE

FAST24 BUYS CENTRAL POINTS ADSL BUSINESS!

Following hot on the heels of November's management buy-out,
Fast24, the well known provider of broadband and dial-up services, announces
the acquisition of the Central Point ADSL Business.

Darren Ilston of Central Point believes that the move is a
positive development. "I'm proud of the service that we have provided our
customers," he said. "However market pressures, particularly those from BT
mean that smaller ISPs are likely to be in for a rough ride in the coming
years. The time is right for our customers to join a larger ISP who shares
our high standards of customer service and good value."

"I'm delighted to welcome Central Point's customers to our
service," added Jason Elsom of Fast24. "I know that they have exacting
standards, which I'm confident that we can supply and we look forward to
making the transition smooth and as seamless as possible for them."

He added, "With an increasingly competitive market we have
decided to look at a number of similar acquisitions to help us keep apace.
We have almost completed a product review, which should show an overall
reduction in our current pricing levels, and introduction of additional
services".

Anybody know anything about them?

TIA

Pete