Plusnet PAYG - any good?

Old May 25th 05, 12:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Well_i_Wonder

Default Plusnet PAYG - any good?

How does the Plusnet's PAYG option work? Can you view your current usage and
do they count just downloads?

There seems to be two ways of paying for additional Gb, one way costs
1GBP/Gb, the other costs 1.25GBP/Gb ??

Also what download speeds can I expect?

TIA.

Old May 25th 05, 03:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Yes, you can see your daily and monthly usage via their website.
Both up and down traffic is counted.
If you pre-pay your extra usage, i.e. increase your monthly subscription
then you pay £1 extra per GB, if you just exceed your quota you get charged
at £1.25 per GB.
As a new customer you will get 2Mb/s, which is as good as it gets (outside
of LLU providers).
PlusNet is always in the top ten fastest ISP's (std 512 speeds compared by
ADSL guide).

I have just switched from PAYG to their Broadband Plus product, same £14.99
p.m. but no usage restriction or charges ! No more watching the graph creep
perilously close to another GB line !
The only draw back is that they will slow P2P and binary traffic in busy (
aprox. 16:00 to 00:00)
periods, but you can schedule that for night time.
If you sign up with PlusNet please use my ID 'wester' as a referrer and save
me few pence,
thanks,
regards,
Martin

Old May 25th 05, 11:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Well_i_Wonder

"Martin²" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for your reply Martin, i'm pretty sure I'm gonna go for plusnet so
I'll use your ID

So I could try the PAYG option and change to one of the other plans if I
wanted with no problems then?

W.

Old May 26th 05, 02:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

W:
So I could try the PAYG option and change to one of the other plans if I
wanted with no problems then?

Yes, switching over to the 'Plus' option is free and almost instant.
Regards,
Martin