Migration Pipex to PlusNet

Old May 26th 05, 09:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Smith

Default Migration Pipex to PlusNet

Hi

I initiated a migration from Pipex to Plusnet last week and according to
PlusNet it is scheduled to happen tomorrow afternoon.

However, whislt I was using the PC last night (about 9pm) my internet
connection stopped working. Looking at my router, I noticed that it is
stating that my Pipex username and password is invalid. I tried my Plusnet
username and password and they are also showing invalid.

Is this usual ? Any ideas what the problem might be ?

Thanks

Tim

Old May 26th 05, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

Tim wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 08:29:18 +0100:

Hi

I initiated a migration from Pipex to Plusnet last week and according to
PlusNet it is scheduled to happen tomorrow afternoon.

However, whislt I was using the PC last night (about 9pm) my internet
connection stopped working. Looking at my router, I noticed that it is
stating that my Pipex username and password is invalid. I tried my Plusnet
username and password and they are also showing invalid.

Is this usual ? Any ideas what the problem might be ?

Looks like Pipex cut you off early, which is strange you have to give them
30 days notice to terminate your account (so it should remain enabled for 30
days from when you requested your MAC code - did you wait for a few weeks
after requesting the MAC?). I migrated a few months ago, both my Pipex and
Plusnet accounts overlapped for at least a couple of days (I moved over to
PN as soon as I'd had the confirmation email) and didn't have any connection
issues.

Dan

Old May 26th 05, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Smith

No - I didnt wait at all...

Asked for MAC code Monday before last. Received it last Thursday and
initiated migration straight away.

Nothing surprises me with Pipex customer services anymore. They are
shocking....

Tim

Old May 26th 05, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

Tim wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 13:26:16 +0100:

No - I didnt wait at all...

Asked for MAC code Monday before last. Received it last Thursday and
initiated migration straight away.

Amazing. Took me 2 weeks and 5 phone calls to get mine, each time having to
go through the whole interrogation. Ended up having to get it over the phone
as their system was "unable to email it to me", and then 5 mins later the
email arrives in both mail accounts I had set up with them.

Nothing surprises me with Pipex customer services anymore. They are
shocking....

I was lucky enough to only ever need to call CS twice prior to migrating -
both times the wait was long, the service terrible, and in the second case a
complete inability to actually do anything about the issue (out of CS hours
I was getting a lot of disconnections, during hours they refused to even
look into it because while I was on the phone there was no problem).

I haven't been with Plusnet long, but so far their CS has been very good on
the few occassions I've had to contact them.

Dan

Old May 26th 05, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Smith

I didnt mention the hassles I had....

I rang Pipex on Monday and was told I would have the MAC code within 72hrs.
Thursday came and I still didnt have it.

The Rep went on to explain that they had only the request with BT on
Wednesday and it woudl take 72hrs from then.

Amazingly, when I really started kicking up a stink and explaining that this
was exactly why I was leaving, my MAC code was suddenly sent to them by
BT....

Good riddance Pipex...

Tim

Old May 27th 05, 10:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Tim Smith wrote:
I didnt mention the hassles I had....

I rang Pipex on Monday and was told I would have the MAC code within 72hrs.
Thursday came and I still didnt have it.

The Rep went on to explain that they had only the request with BT on
Wednesday and it woudl take 72hrs from then.

Amazingly, when I really started kicking up a stink and explaining that this
was exactly why I was leaving, my MAC code was suddenly sent to them by
BT....

Good riddance Pipex...

I phoned Pipex for my MAC code last Friday at exactly 9am, and got straight
through. I had the interrogation and bribes, and then was told my MAC code would
be e-mailed to me within 72 hours. Imagine my surprise when it arrived just 8
hours later.

I'm migrating to PlusNet too, I signed up with PN, and am impressed with the CS,
and the on-line CS facilities, far better than Pipex.
There was an initial glitch with my new mailboxes and webspace, but both problems
were sorted out by CS.

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply
Old May 27th 05, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 27 May 2005 09:15, Mark Carver wrote:

I phoned Pipex for my MAC code last Friday at exactly 9am, and got straight
through. ... Imagine my surprise when it arrived just 8 hours later.

Good to see their systems work, ironic it was when you chose not to stay.

I'm migrating to PlusNet too, I signed up with PN, and am impressed with
the CS, and the on-line CS facilities, far better than Pipex.

Interested to know which account you went for and why ? Seeing as Plus.Net
seems to be considered badly by a number of posters (and in terms of their
'free = we pay, we stay', I can understand it, but on cost and generally,
they offer good value for money, IMO). Peter M.

--
Plus.Net http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4
I recommend them and save some cash.

Old May 27th 05, 03:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Peter M wrote:
On 27 May 2005 09:15, Mark Carver wrote:

I phoned Pipex for my MAC code last Friday at exactly 9am, and got straight
through. ... Imagine my surprise when it arrived just 8 hours later.

Good to see their systems work, ironic it was when you chose not to stay.

Indeed !

I'm migrating to PlusNet too, I signed up with PN, and am impressed with
the CS, and the on-line CS facilities, far better than Pipex.

Interested to know which account you went for and why ? Seeing as Plus.Net
seems to be considered badly by a number of posters (and in terms of their
'free = we pay, we stay', I can understand it, but on cost and generally,
they offer good value for money, IMO). Peter M.

I went for the 'Plus' account. I only surf, email, and read text only Usenet, my
teenage lads (on the same connection) are obsessed with MSN Messenger :-), and
only download a few mp3s a month, so I thought I'd give it a spin.

I did very seriously consider UKOnline 512k LLU, but I've seen too many migration
horror stories in other forums (though very few problems once connected ?).
Perhaps next year for UKO, once they've settled down.