Migrating to another SP

Old May 26th 05, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Cable Guy

Default Migrating to another SP

Hello,

I have a colleague who's wanting to change broadband suppliers.

BT have provided a MAC code.

He has a Thompson Speedtouch 330 modem.

My question - is it simple to amend the user details on this modem with the
new service provider settings?

How do I change the settings?

Old May 26th 05, 01:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"The Cable Guy" wrote in message
news
Hello,

I have a colleague who's wanting to change broadband suppliers.

BT have provided a MAC code.

He has a Thompson Speedtouch 330 modem.

My question - is it simple to amend the user details on this modem with

the
new service provider settings?

How do I change the settings?

You colleague will have to double click a standard windows connection to
cause the modem to dial. This will be in the 'Network Connections' control
panel. You just need to open up the properties for that and change them to
the new details.

Old May 26th 05, 01:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Cable Guy

"Dave" wrote in message

"The Cable Guy" wrote in message
news
Hello,

I have a colleague who's wanting to change broadband suppliers.

BT have provided a MAC code.

He has a Thompson Speedtouch 330 modem.

My question - is it simple to amend the user details on this modem with

the
new service provider settings?

How do I change the settings?

You colleague will have to double click a standard windows connection to
cause the modem to dial. This will be in the 'Network Connections'
control
panel. You just need to open up the properties for that and change them
the new details.

That would be good if it's the case! (I've never used ADSL)

Thank you for your time.

Old May 26th 05, 06:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 26 May 2005 11:59 GMT, "The Cable Guy" wrote:

That would be good if it's the case! (I've never used ADSL)

No cable around here to compare services, but have to say ADSL works fine
most of the time :-) Regarding access, I trust your colleague has some s/w
firewall in place... It's an immediate benefit of using a router instead of
a USB unit that there's a degree of protection simply having NAT on router,
rather than letting everything from the internet hit the PC... Peter M.

30 day free trial... http://web.vfm-deals.com/runbox/
Can accept mail for your domain and apply filtering...
Point your MX record to mx.runbox.com and use POP/IMAP...
Old May 26th 05, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Cable Guy

Peter M wrote:
|| On 26 May 2005 11:59 GMT, "The Cable Guy"
|| wrote:
||| That would be good if it's the case! (I've never used ADSL)
|| No cable around here to compare services, but have to say ADSL works
|| fine most of the time :-) Regarding access, I trust your colleague
|| has some s/w firewall in place... It's an immediate benefit of using
|| a router instead of a USB unit that there's a degree of protection
|| simply having NAT on router, rather than letting everything from the
|| internet hit the PC... Peter M.
|| --
|| runbox.com - 1000 MB of mail storage and 100 MB for files...
|| 30 day free trial... http://web.vfm-deals.com/runbox/
|| Can accept mail for your domain and apply filtering...
|| Point your MX record to mx.runbox.com and use POP/IMAP...

I doubt he has a software firewall - -good point, though, thanks.